💫 Dinner💫 Edited

Nigeria
2020
____________
Mermah

.

.

.

.

.

I looked away from my best friend who seemed to not be understanding my plight.

"Look ziyah, you have to understand and come with the fact that she's your mother in-law and never say bad about her"

Mermah resisted the urge to roll her eyes but failed, taking a sip from the chilled natural orange juice mermah relax back on her soffa.

The two where presently in iklil gezobo discussing about mermerh mother inlaw ahmed's mother who is still been her evil sef.

"You Know me so well and your supposed to Know I respect her so much because she gave birth to my husband" mermah tsk at the end just to show her friend how mad this discussion is driving her.

"Fine let's drop the topic, I know how mean pregnant woman can be" iklil giggled making mermah want to hit her on the head.

"So I was thinking about we organize a baby shower to welcome the baby what do you think"

"It's just going to be friends and family no Ahmed family a swear"

Iklil throw her hands in the air dramatically from how mermah was glaring her way.

"Sure fine," mermah gave in after her Friend kept goshing about telling the world she was pregnant.

"You know I wanted keeping the baby as a secret, but with Ahmed and you on my neck I doubt if it happened"

The two brusted out laughing as they chatted away.

"You Know I have a dinner to catch letter with the deens" mermah was already on her feet glaring at her Rolex diamond watch before taking her bag.

"Common but your leaving so soon" iklil winced following mermah hot on her trail until the reach the loo.

"Take care of Ahmed and the Baby" iklil weaved blowing a kiss.

_

_

_

_

_

"Baby get off bed we are running late" I tried waking up my lazy husband from the fake sleep he was having, seriously I always wonder how the child was going to be supper handful and manipulative with Ahmed as his father.

"Babbyyyyy just come to bed I can't have enough"

"Fine Ahmed am living without you".

I used the last threat on my mind hoping it was going to work on him.

"Nah babbyyyyy" he was now sitting on the bed with a Stern look that made me want to giggle.

"You think am letting you go to that man house alone" Ahmed asked still not making move to get to the toilet.

I knew deep down he was picking those line because he doesn't want us to go, initially he wanted me to decline the offer of going to his house.

"Ahmed am doing this for my late twin and if I like him I could have married him since before we might"

Yes he was just pushing me to the wall and I was losing it already.

His face hardened as he walked to the loo without looking my way, I let a hiss out of my mouth before making my way to the walkin closet, settling on a maroon abaya with raining stones all through, I applied a make-up on my face before going down stairs.

Settling for few pose, I saw Ahmed walking down the stairs, he whore a navy blue jallaya, his chin hair where shinning under the chandelier light making Me want to run to his arms

The drive to the house was a comfortable silent once was out car rolled into the house, Ahmed took my hand in his still having a hard jaws as he we made way into the house where the maid laid us to the dinning area.

I instantly fell in love with the house design it was so beautiful, first we walked through a long hall way then came into a huge open space where there was a pool and the sky on display the pool was covered with glass.

His wife akthar offered to give me a tour around the house.

"The house was designed by my husband and your sister when they where in school as there home.

After showing me how the open. Space where the pool was closed during rain which amazingly left me in awwwwwn, all though my life av never seen something as beautiful as the house not even my house which is so huge, the design is something out of the world.

"This the play ground" she showed me just after the double stair case which lead to the two parts of the house, the south and north wing.

Our little tour end as we made way back to the living room which was filled with soffa all around.

They family escorted them out of the house right on time akthar started coughing blood fell on the floor and became numb not even breathing.

She was rushed to the hospital, where mermah insisted on going with then but Ahmed wasn't hearing any of it.

"Am going with them and with my car" mermah spatted bitterly wen Ahmed said something about her finding her way home.

Ahmed left furiously back home, where mermah followed the family to the hospital, "you should have gone with your husband dear" mummy commented mermah still staying in the hospital.

"Mummy I can't just leave her seeing her in this condition" mermah brusted in tears not helping holding on to the memory they shared minutes ago.

Akthar even said she was hanging out with her tomorrow if she was free, which she agreed to ready dump her work for her new found friend.

The doctor walked out of the where all of them rushed to where he was, he started off with how everything that has a beginning must surely has an end.

Edited
Any guesses,
Vote
Comment
share

Ongoing edition
All rights reserved
Aleeyu Zaynah
21_10_2021