💫Rafah birthday💫 Edited

Abuja
Nigeria
____________

We where set to leave as we hopped into the black rang over ummi pleaded to stay back home for she was having severe headache which made me worried earlier.

I can't afford losing a loved one any more not now and not in forever despite me know that surely my mothers stay on earth was definitely coming to an end but I always pray to my lord to be gone before her just so I won't be able to go throughout the pain I went through wen Ahmed was no more although his son was everything for me.

"Ummi that rafah is older than me" Ahmed distant voice asked as I only noded my head letting myself lollo back to my train of thought, maybe I will have two more kids by now if Ahmed was here my cheeks heat up at the thought.

The driver pulled in the parking lots of the deens, Ahmed couldn't even let the driver park proper at the lots he hoped out of the car into the crowd making me sign, sighting hajiya, deens mother with some old people I made my way to her side into the crowd.

Smiling brightly at each other we embrace each other before pulling away with none smile falling, introducing me to her guest who where all happy to see the top richest in Nigeria with them I excused myself into the huge house in search of Ahmed.

He will surely pay for this I thought to myself looking around the scanty looking living room the party is still yet to start all they older guess where outside,

"Ummi I have been looking for you" Ahmed voice scared me from behind, couldn't help myself glaring at him intensely.

"Ahmed what did I tell you about leaving me all the damn time" I asked trying as much as possible to stay calm but couldn't help my voice raising at the end.

"You shouldn't shout at him that way" the voice I knew so well said.

Squatting to Ahmed's level could make me have a clear view of his face, I just snorted getting on my heels as I pulled Ahmed along with me into the crowd, I didn't know why I did what I did it was actually uncalled for.

"Ummi am Sorry" Ahmed apologize making my heart swell in pride, no matter how Ahmed is he always feel sad and apologize when ever am sad, "Ummi I promise I won't do it again please smile" he pleaded some more making me embrace him to my chest.

"You shouldn't leave me Ahmed I don't want to lose you your all I gat I just miss your daddy am sorry" I apologized to my son I knew I wasn't supposed to be all strike at him all the time.

"You should go to your friends"

"No Ummi I'll stay by your side and I promise not to ever leave you dad is in a better place"

"You guys look so cute together"

Deen said interrupting our little moments as Ahmed pulled out of my body adjusted his black tie like some run away magazine celebrities.

"I know right"

Ahmed winked at him running his hands around his head then moved close to my ears.

"I think I should leave you too now"

Before I knew it the guy was out of the place like it he never was there to begin with.

"I I think I should see the celebrants"

I shuttered thinking of a way to escape been with this man he always make me feel un ease.

.

.

.

.

.

The driver pulled at the lots of the deens as we walked hand in hand into the house with my fiancé, rafah had to do all it takes to make me come celebrate her, I was still yet not over my ex fiancé who was her father.

I knew I call off our engagement and even marriage which was supposed to be few week from now, but I did it to feel better just maybe I'll find love.

Engaged to my fathers friend whose wife died in a plane crash and had five children of which all are older than me, I didn't know what I was thinking of when I accepted the proposal but now m sure it wasn't a bad idea after all.

Rafah scream in delight as our gaze clashed, picking her up in my arms as I tweaked with her around before putting her down I squatted to her level where she embraced me with a peck on my cheeks before acknowledging alhaji aleeyu my fiancé.

"Ahhh you look like the princess you are"

"Thank you my queen thanks for honoring my inviting despite what daddy did to you"

"Common your dad did nothing let me introduce you too"

"This alhaji aleeyu my fiancé" I said gesturing at the man standing next to me in all his glory, he was the senator of adamawa state. "This rafah my daughter" he gave me a questioning look but I shrugged it off.

Rafah offered her hand for a hand shake which he gladly took. "So if you don't mind I can call you baba" rafah said making me giggle the little girl can be mischievous at times despite her majesty.

"Sweetheart I'll be right back lemme look for mummy" I explained searching through the crowd for the said person.

I knew I had to face so much question after breaking up with her son the woman called me countless time but I bounced her call she later left a message saying I should tell her if her son did anything to me but I bounced that too I had no explanation to give.

"Who am I seeing" mummy asked with a huge smile on her face as she embraced me, "mummy am sorry for all I did" I apologize after pulling out of the hug she just laughed it off her gaze falling on my fiancé as she raise a questioning brows at me.

Here goes nothing

Vote
Comment
Share
Edited

Ongoing edition
All right reserved
Aleeyu Zaynab
18-12-2021