💫Akward💫 Edited

Abuja
Nigeria
___________

Clipping the two end of her hijab together, Mermah smiled at her reflections, she knew this was a step ahead for her.

Maybe Ahmed really does need a father figure in his life after her little conversation with him a while earlier Mermah made her mind set on doing this Ahmed need this and she will give it her the best.

At some point in life things never goes the way we did planed it because that wasn't what was planed for us with determination she clutched unto her mini black shinny hand bag.

Bitting her inner lips to stop her from giggling watching her reflection from the mirror as her son and sisters stand some steps away from her,

"Do bring take out for me"

That was Ahmed's voice stopping her from stepping on the door mat, turning her face to that of her son who was having this mischievous grin on his face Mermah knew she was doomed instead of offering the two a smile she turned back to the door waking out of the house completely.

As she neared the lot her heart beat paced up, she knew not what to feel maybe she was nervous after everything she was at last saying yes it sounded funny even to her but with the guy leaning on his car with his legs cross outstretched Mermah gulped down every bit of nervousness rubbing her sweaty palms over her body a thing she always does guess old habits never die off.

The grin on deens face stretched into a wild smile pulling the passenger door for her before rounding to his side, all throughout the ride to the beautiful restaurant he had to search up for it was actually hectic finding one with the spam of time he had left, yet he found one at the end wanting to give up.

He guessed that was how live is, when you have no hope left he smiled at his thoughts calling up to the waitress with a hand weave she did with a wild smile placing the menu to them.

"You can go we will call you when we are done"

Those was the first words she spoke after they arrived, well he couldn't help but look at her sending a glare to the girl, he knew with the little time of them been acquitted she had no patience.

Call up to another waiter they both gave out there orders.

Mermah thought things where going to be easy but no they seemed so awkward, more than what she had thought.
"You should eat"

Deen voice pulled her from her trains of thought and as though she was waiting for him to say something like that she shoved the food down her throat enjoying every bit of it.

Aleemudeen watched with amusement another thing he love about her was her confidence.

The age in complete silence, the table was been cleared by a male waiter deen cleared his throat.

"I don't even know where we should start from"

He chuckled lightly to clear off the tense air surrounding them, Mermah chuckled abit at him to also help lighten up the awkward tension around them.

"Maybe I should start all over again"

Mermah giggles this time around hearing him say his thought out loud, the expression he gave was Blank "Sorry I said that out loud imagine we just bump into each other like in all those sappy romantic movies"

Deen watched as she threw her head and laughed out like never before in his present, the sound of her carefree laughter where like lullaby to his ears, soft and enchanting.

"You should have known better than that I don't talk to strangers like they do in every sappy movie"

Mermah made sure she sounded like him, just that her voice was to tinny compared to his masculine one.

"Wow I did press until you said words to me mi lady"

Mermah couldn't hide her blush as she turned pink all thanks to his sweet words making her look like some clown.

All through the night Mermah kept tossing from one side of the bed to another on able to sleep, she still have a feeling wash over it still felt so unreal.

After there dinner two days ago Mermah knew she was getting married for real and there was no going back, the feeling was still afresh.

Not knowing when sleep over took her she woke up by the voices over her head, taking in the people present in her room which consisted of all her siblings plus her best friend Mermah felt like screaming she needed the sleep more than anything at that moment but she knew for sure she wasn't going to have it.

"So your finally awake"

Iklil smile walking up to the bed engulfing Mermah In a hug, she's so happy for her best friend and also sister she was finally taking a huge step.

"You should let her take the shower first then we can head out before they arrive"

Couldn't say who spoke because all her sisters voice was the same hers was similar to there's too but her accent was never too thick like there own.

...

Vote
Comment
Share
Edited

Ongoing edition
All right reserved
Aleeyu Zaynab
27-12-2021