💫 Truth unveiling💫Edited

Nigeria
Jan, 2016
_________________

Mermah sat on the love chair with a huge novel in her hands and a cup of streaming Choco taking a sip from it.

It has been months since her mother has regained conscious and is still going on with her therapy on how to walk.

She's been off for years now and everything about her memories seemed loss and broken not really loss but she forget something and hold on so much to things she wasn't supposed to.

She walks perfectly alright now but still going on with her therapy.

Mermah stared at her mother still been thankful to the Lord for not taking her for leaving her with her for a while longer.

Sabat exhaled a loud sign exhaling a deep breath thinking it was time to let her daughter Know her true identify maybe that was why Allah spared her life.

Sabat stare at mermah for a while feeling her eyes getting moist with tears, mermah never wanted seeing tears in her ummah's eyes it broke her to no repair.

"Ziyah I want to tell you a story" sabat started feeling her voice breaking with each word she ultered her heart getting heavy and her vision blurry with tears.

Mermah felt like stopping her mother to tell her to stop and not tell her which ever story it was she desperately wanted sharing.

Not loving anything that will bring tears to her ummah's eyes but still couldn't leave the curiosity that was eating up ever fibre of her being, to just Know what every story it was that's making her ummah cry.

"On a very gloomy morning ziyah when your father was away to Milan for I business trip, I was the only person left at home" sabat paused to take a long pause whipping the tears off her checks with both her hands furiously.

"I was nine months pregnant, my water broke, ziyah I was hopeless didn't Know what to do I lost it I almost lost my life, them the maid came at the right time took me to the hospital" mermah wanted stopping her mother from going on with the story but could find her voice.

She found herself sinking more deeper onto the couch like someone who was about receiving a death sentence from The doctor.

"I woke up thinking I was in the the grave, I got so scared you Know from the white color I saw all over my eyes after regaining conscious, but the voice of the doctor brought me back asking if I was feeling anything. At that time I wasn't feeling anything it seemed as if everything stopped just the beaming sound of the heart machine.

I nodded my head with a no, he now check my pluses, saying I just need some water asking some nurse to bring a cup of water which I took very gladly in large gulps" sabat paused the memories felt so afresh to her although it was 22 years ago but she felt as though it was just yesterday.

Mermah felt like telling her ummi to stop and they did continue what ever story it was tomorrow but didn't find the strength to instead she just stared at her mother gulping the water down her throat.

"The doctor then left me to take some break like suggested, but I didn't my mind kept drifting trying to remember what happened before I blanked out which I searched but didn't found anything which made me frustrated and generated some hard headache.

During those time I became like some mad woman because I lost my memories your father too was trying all the best he could to make me remember but nothing, the doctor assured us I will as time goes on but nothing.

Then one faithful day after searching the house I found a room which I didn't care checking at for over since I can't remember, I felt myself going into the room even before your father noticed.

He found me lying lifeless in the room and the next thing I was rushed to the hospital, when I woke up the doctor confirmed have regained my lost memory.

I first thing I remember asking your father was if my child was okay and I could see him or her, the expression I saw on your father's face was what made me curious and asking if my child was alive.

The doctor gave me some injection and I lost conscious again I woke up in the night still asking if I could see my child, but then no I couldn't I was told my child was death since when I gave birth to him because when I was in labor I wasn't here on time and all" sabat smiled at mermah after seeing the tears in her eyes.

"Everything became complicated for me and your father, I became so harsh to him that I couldn't even stand staying with him for good ten minutes in a place together, and that broke him I didn't care because I blamed him for some stupid meeting that he couldn't even care his wife was almost in her dd and could be in labor but he didn't even give some damn.

We became so broken and I throw all abusive words at him at any slightest chance I get, but he never complained he never yelled at me.

One faithful afternoon when he left for work and I was left alone at home all to myself even the maids was afraid of me yelling at her or firing her for nothing, she does leave as soon as I didn't wake up.

I got bored and decided to go to the hospital maybe I will have some peace of mind.

On reaching the hospital, I meat with my doctor and I told him if there was some baby I could see and he Gladly took me where three identical twins were.

I really got happy and stayed till night with the children playing with them.

Abubakar got worried calling me countless time after not finding meam at home, I texted him telling him am at the hospital with some cute babies and in no time he came rushing.

A throw a huge tantrum telling him am not going back I want and will only stay with the baby, nothing made me change my mind not even the doctor pleased.

He said we will adopte some babies if I want but no ziyah I picked you, paid the doctors huge amount of money then coming back here to Nigeria."

💋💋💋
You all I kinda need this book review till we proceed Koh.

What will be your reaction if you where the one in mermah's shoe's.

Vote
Comment
Share

Ongoing edition
All rights reserved
Aleeyu xynab
21_1_2021