💫 Shenanigans 💫 Edited

Abuja
Nigeria
_____________

Resting my head on the royal sofa placed just outside my balcony door with a royal table my legs where outstretched placed on the table, they where covered in black socks for it was so cold Nigeria Hermatern weather watching as the stairs brighten the sky they where shining.

The moon was in sight on the beautiful sky I felt my heart melting I love nature,

"Uhmm"

The voice of my son Ahmed clearing his throat cut my attention making me look toward the direction he was,

Featuring his sponge bob pjs, hands covered with gloves legs with socks I couldn't help but chuckle at the way he wore his hoodie my boy is growing so fast I thought gazing at him as he placed the two mug he was holding.

I don't need a person to tell me what was streaming's from the mug for my son was a dying fan of chocolate just like his father this traits of him always make me recall my Ahmed May his soul rest in perfect peace ameen.

"I tot you where catching cold a hot choco for the weather"

Passing the mug to me I smiled at him pressing my lips on them, Ahmed always makes his chocolate so creamy.

"So you still haven't think about the guys proposal"

I had to stop my self from chocking with the choco I had in my mouth gulping it down in one go, Placing back the mug on the table I signed.

"H h he"

I sailed my mouth together gathering all my words, Ahmed was having this smirk on his face wallahi this boy is the devil in a sheep form.

Sending a mean glare his way which didn't nothing to scared the monster I have as a child laughed whole heartedly making me to shake my head disapprovingly at him.

Letting his laughter died down I send a more mean glare his way raising his hands up in surrender.

"You know ummi the guy love you and he will make a good father figure"

Ahmed took me off guard yet again, his words dangling in my ears.

"It's not about him been a good father figure, I am just not r"

"I know your doing this because of me seriously I also want to have a father in my life I want to know how It feels please mum don't deprive me of this one thing am asking from you"

He words were directed into my heart for I felt my eyes heating up, why do Ahmed has to go and leave us if he was around then nothing of this such was never going to happened now his son wants me to get married to another man a man I know I'll never get to love for me heart is already with the dead.

"Ahmed I know you want a father I also want this for you but"

"Ummi please no buts, you said it yourself you want this for me then what's stopping you please ummi you should think about it and take care of your self"

I watch with tear beam full eyes no day passed without Ahmed placing kisses on my forehead and cheek before going to bed but here is that day where I watched with my eyes as my son walked passed me not even staying to look behind saying he wants to sleep with me but saying I should think about something he want.

Why was I even feeling guilty it felt as though I as depriving him of the right to withnes the father love every child will like have, trying with my tears to stay at it lane for I have forbid myself to cry of something regarding Ahmed death then why am I failing all the darn time.

Blinking my eyes as the tears came in full speed just like they where In some race sassing Down my chin.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Morning came I was still not able to get a wink of sleep all I did through out the night was tossing around from one side of the bed to another.

Sitting up the bed as I pushed the quilt out of my body I walked into the loo not even caring to take a glimpse at my face from the vanity mirror which was all I did every morning. I make sure I watch my face seeing if there was any growing ras or something on my face before preceding to the business of the day which was taking a long bath to wash off all the stress but today was an exception coming out of the loo with towel wrapped around my body.

After taking the quickest bath I remember having in forever, whistling into my pink sweat suits which has ash strap over it with a pencil hand. My head was packed in the most messiest high ponytail I couldn't even have the time to moisturize my skin for the adzan for Fajr prayers has already called out the prayers and was in the last rakahat.

The masjid was right outside our house where you could hear clearly even the aya he was reciting because of the loud speaker attacked in the mosque.

Praying out to the loud to see right though my affairs and choose was ever is right for me I set for the kitchen which was down the stairs to prepare Ahmed breakfast just so I could be on his right side and he won't be mad at me any more.

Ahmed so much like oat with fruits he love the way he sour the taste off all fruit in his tongue at the same time, he also love tasty samosa with strawberry milkshake setting to work after wrapping the small veil around my head.

As soon as I was done which was in hour time the sun was already ready to raise I was supposed to go back to the balcony and watch doing some yoga to help keep my body figure and mind at rest like every other day but instead stoped at Ahmed room which was still dark with curtains drawn up.

The first thing I did was setting the curtains in place letting the ray of the early morning sun penetrate into the room, he woke up soon as the ray hit his eyes Ahmed is the type that never sleep during day time even at night he doesn't sleep when the lights are on or when the curtains set.

"Good morning ummi"
Was the first thing he said after taking in his present making me to beam brightly as I walked toward him like a maid waiting for orders to be thrown her way.

"Morning chu how was your night"

Placing a noisy kiss on his cheeks as he made faces.

"Ummi am not mad at you, You shouldn't have stress yourself making all this the only thing you can do now is accept the proposal"

I was doomed for Ahmed has said it out loud to ummah's hearing from the way she was glaring at me I knew I was in for it

Vote
Comment
Share
Edited

Ongoing editions
All rights reserved
Aleeyu Zaynab
23-12-2021