💫settling💫 Edited

Abuja
Nigeria
__________

Mermah set her lips in thin line waiting for her father to reach a stop so she could get straight up with this.

She was tired of all this could she say she was forced into an engagement deen sent his parents over to muscat to her father just to ask for her hand in marriage without her contest wasn't that betray, what was she even going to tag it was.

She came her running to her father hoping he was going to support her on this but he seemed to be in support of deen even more than her female parents.

Now she has no one to turn to.

"Do you have anything further"

His yet authoritative voice asked in high pitch making her nodded her head in a no gulping down the spittle that formed in her mouth together with all the other complaints she had.

He dismissed her with a hand wave making her walk out of the room with a slagged shoulder her siblings where glued by the wall wanting to hear what the two discussed but didn't even hear a whimper of it.

Dusting the invisible dirt on her shoulder Mermah matched to her room playing she wasn't aware of there stares following her until she sass atop the glassy steps.

"Ummi nah where have you been"

Ahmed outstretched his arms for her to hug him which she did luckily.

"Well Ummi is busy as always"
Mermah said breaking the hug as the two made way toward the small living room, which has three love chair each facing one other a coffee table at the middle where Ahmed's gadget was placed at top.

"Well I thought you took mouths off work"

Ahmed asked as thought he wasn't aware of work or if he wasn't blacked mailed her into taking it, Mermah rolled her eyes at him.

"I hope you have eaten up your lunch"

Knowing the boy had to pick up her attitude of not liking to eat which caused him having this ulcer yet he was still not abiding by the rules.

A cute pout was adoring his lips upon hearing his mother talking about food Mermah knew not to fall for the puppy face he was flashing her she set her lips in thin lines calling unto the maids to bring over Ahmed food she was going to feed him herself.

Instead of the maids fajr came holding a plate of filled masa with okra soup it was her favorite Nigeria food Mermah knew nobody to tell her she made the maids to special make them for her.

Moving to the blue wash hand basin by the far end of the room which had a detol hand wash atop and a toilet roll to whip your hands with, Mermah returned back to where she was once sitting.

"Your soon to be husband is downstairs waiting for you" fari said holding back her laughter seeing the glare Mermah was sending her way.

Signing Mermah got on her feet's seeeing as her sister was already feeding her son who wasn't willing to eat.

Storming out of the room mumbling to herself
"You better not go looking as thought you are away from committing murder you did scare the guy of"

Her mother's scolding voice came, Mermah didn't turn towards the mini lobby her mothers where sitting maybe preparing about the wedding but instead walked down the stairs if only her face was going to scare the guy away then she did be gladden by that.

Rolling her eyes as she walked into the room, and he face broke into a wild grin, she had to bite her inner lips to prevent herself from hissing in front of her father.

Sitting by the far end of the room Mermah digger her head low listening to her fathers voice sending her asleep. She didn't want to sound disrespectful but the words from her father lips where doing nothing less than putting her to sleep her life time away.

It didn't became more awkward between them until the man said the two sound meet and sort things out together.

Playing with the beautiful diamond ring Ahmed gave her on there wedding night Mermah could swore she heard nothing from the words her soon to be husband was saying, she couldn't come to terms with her going to be his in few months will it even reach that her father had practically gave her hands out in marriage where they been fair to her.

Signing Mermah raised her head up for the first time since they came into this small living inwhich was all brown, Mermah hated the theme color all thanks to the interior designer,

Settling her eyes on his light hazelnut warm eyes, it really was beautiful she bought her gaze to his tall long nose which stood like mountain Kilimanjaro to his tiny reds lips, sharp jaw lines clear
Shaved face. Drop dead gorgeous but nothing like the type of guy she wanted, lips sets in tight straight lines trying to here him out.

"We..."

He started but stopped midway seeing her whole attention as on him, she was not checking him out neither was she thinking but was listening to him, was she actually giving up and throwing all her weapon.

Brows raised mockingly waiting to hear him out, she was actually making him nervous with the way she was looking at him was she really intimidating him then darn his so gone for this girl, he loved her to the moon and it's back.

"We should start over Maybe dinner by 8"

His breath was shaking as thought afraid she was going to turn him down much to his surprise she nodded her head giving him a liplock smile before walking out of the room living her pineapple scent, closing his eyes to inhale her sweet scent deen smiled.

Standing on his feet he tucked his hands deep inside his pants.

Wedding bells

Let's get ready fah finally
Should we do some review about the book or what....
Edited

Vote
Comment
Share
Pray

Ongoing edition
All right reserved
Aleeyu zaynab
26-12-2021