💫Glimpse of the past💫Edited

~~***~~

Sabat Huda ahdaf
Ummah pov
~~***~~

Growing up in a house were your Step mother dislike you was something else, the whole family seems to not like me.
So I was used to been the black sheep of the family.
"Wash this also"
gwogwo jimai who was my mother's rival said dumping the glass plate close to me. I just shock my head out of pity. I couldn't take this anymore.
All the maids in this house are not enough for her wash her plates only me.
"Be patient my dear Allah is with you"
my mother gwogwo Larai said I just smiled at her.

"Kande"
I called on the maids to take gwogwo jimai plates to her side. I was done washing since and I don't go into her side after the incident with danjumah. which she claimed was a set up and I just can't believe this woman. Buh gwogwo Larai assured me everything will be alright.

"Gwogwo"
I called unto my mother my head was rested on her laps and she was massaging it.

"Uhmmm"
she answered,
"My friend Nana is getting married this Friday will you let me go"
I asked with a pleading eyes knowing well she doesn't let me go out only on occasions.

"Allah sarki Nana, may God bless this union"
she prayed and I murmured an ameen. "I'll let Alhaji knows"
she said making me be happy as I smiled.

"Just make sure you also bring your husband also after going their"
she said making me hide my face in my palms.

That day was a special day it went so smoothly with no trouble from gwogwo jimai at all which I was happy about.

The next day came too soon my siblings are coming back from school both ya danjuma and ya balarabe, the house was in total mess with maids running helter shelter just under the command of gwogwo jimai who was busy throwing words at our door steps.

"The hiers are coming back"
she sang happily
"the jealous shall die"
she kept singing.
"Please gwogwo"
I heard ya talatu voice pleading with her gwogwo to stop all the nonsense but she wasn't paying head to her it was as if she wasn't stopping her big encouraging her.

"Tohh all of you here are my children" Alhaji said to us all after the men has arrived. we were sitting in his living room I was sitted close to gwogwo Larai leg.

"I want you all to know that you are not getting any younger so Kai mustafix your mother got you a married proposal with your sister and you Akbar. I got u a marriage proposal with sabat"
he stated with air of finality.

"Buh Alhaji"
gwogwo jimai protested he just glared at her way making her shivers in fear.
"You all can leave excluding sabat and Akbar"
with that been said they all got dismissed with the exception of the two of us.

My hands were sweaty ya Allah, I thought how can I get married to my biological brother thier must be a misunderstanding in this.

After been dismissed from Alhaji room I walked into my gwogwo room with tear beaming eyes.
"Come sit"
She Patted on a space on the bed next to her for me to sit.
Which I did reluctantly still in tears
"you shouldn't cry, I know a day like this will surely come wen you will question your identity"
she kept quiet for a while before realizing a breath then continued.

"Alhmadulilah glory be to Allah sabat"
I became alarmed my body becoming week all my life av never heard gwogwo call my name buh now.

"I have raised you in this house with great difficulties and hatred from gwogwo. so please don't put me to shame am very happy about what Alhaji did. I always Thinked of who was going to marry you".

"Sabat you ain't Alhaji's child, I know he must have told you everything. But please don't take it to heart"
Gwogwo larai kept persuading me to feel free which I reluctantly did untill wen Alhaji summoned us again.

It was regarding the same issue unless this time he told everyone about my Identity.

" Biri yayi Kama da mutum. (The dog looks like a man)"
was gwogwo jumai word.

"Kehh jumai!!"
Alhaji shouted her name.

"Listen and listen very carefully. Sabat is the owner of the wealth you all are living in"
he said.

Wat the fish I thought me that was founded on his door step.

After explaining everything to us. Gwagwo jumai glared at gwogwo larai before storming out.

Alhaji dismissed us.

The wedding preparations was in full swaggs I never say hi my would be husband, but the wedding never stop day passes into weeks weeks into mouth and the day was here.

I kept having weird feeling. Gwagwo jumai was pampering me like me. Never still my gwagwo said I should just be nice.

After the wedding we kept leaving in our parents house untill he got me admission from a school in London.

I cried my eyes out, because that was the first time I was leaving home

~~***~~

Asalamu alaikum beautiful people second chapter. Yeah I know but update will be frequently from now on.

See you in the next two weeks
Ramadan Mubarak to you all in advance.
Edited

All rights reserved
Aleeyu xynab
_2020_