💫Cold💫 edited

Nigeria
2020
___________
Mermah

I drove headlessly in the City before making my mind on going back home, for I was stupid to have thought Ahmed love me I knew he love me but never enough to go against his mother.

I let the cold consume me as I rolled down all the windows down not helping the chilly weather of the Nigeria autumn where leaves get dried and dusky. So cold in the morning, early and late hours of the night.

I honk at the gate, for my car to get accessed it did luckily and I drove into the house in full force, my ummi was already outsit standing to see if I was okay coming home by this hour of the night without even calling her.

"Mermah" she called out as if I was some ghost, I chuckled lightly engulfing her in a hug.

"Baby you are cold" she stated again after holding my hand as we passsed the long hall way.

"Ummi" I whined as she ordered the maid to get some hot chocolate for us, i smiled at her she will always be there for me.

Ummi didn't ask for why I was back at the cold hours of the night, she didn't push and I knew my ummi was never going to ask only if I open up my self.

I could see she was watching me through the corner of her eyes as yawn escaped my lip tiredly, "you must be so tired dear" I couldn't find the strength to say a yes I only nodded my head as she pulled me to her room.

"Ummi my bag" I cried as she pulled me further into her room not having any of it.

"You have no idea how much I missed you right, I guess you don't miss me that much to have ran away with another man leaving your ummi alone" I almost chuckle at that, ummi can get so predictable pointless at times, and in times like this the only emotion I could let out was the fake smile yet she said nothing about how fake it was.

"Ummi" I winced again face palming my face.

"Mermah your phone has been buzzing for a while now pick it up" ummi gestured, I knew my phone has been ringing which was doing nothing but adding to my already ruined mood indeed today was a bad day for me.

I smiled at ummi prettily massaging my face with the night skin made from pure natural stuffs I couldn't remember, my skin has been having stupid acne stubborn ones for that matter.

Ahmed just won't let me be, I watched as the phone rang till it ended before turning the phone on flight mode to avoid his tantrums.

Wait why the heck was the guy even disturbing my peace, I practically left the house knowing it was his and i couldn't stand his rude mother under the same roof as me, knowing he was definitely going to take sides with his mother in the middle of some heat argue which I was sure could escape with that woman.

I was glad my mother didn't throw questions my way of why I was home, I knew she wasn't going to ask unless I was willingly going to tell her which I guess I would but not just now.

Stocking in my shirts I felt a massive headache setting in my head that made me let our a squeal.

"Are you alright" ummi asked from the love chair she was sited with her reading spectacules on, "yap" I was quick to whisper so I won't make her worried unnecessarily about me.

Am a grown up now and should be able to take proper care of myself which of course I wasn't, I was too stressed, from having Ahmed in my personal space with lots of things on my table.

My head came in contact with the wall making my yap out loud, ummi was soon by my side asking if I was okay, she rested me on the bed, ask the maid to get some pain reliever and a cup of warm milk

As soon as my head hit the head rest my eyes where dropping on there own, ummi got the comforter around my body.

_

_

_

_

_

"I think the stress is taking over her she's having a fever" I heard ummi said in the background, I was sure I was out for how long but I knew It counted hours to make her voice sound this worried.

Oh my dear mother, I knew the stress was surely going to take over me but not this way, I never had a proper meal neither a good sleep just have much, I stuff my face with work.

I was actually starting to think if at all letting my heart fall for Ahmed or marrying him at all was a good idea, not wanting to where my thoughts where going I managed to blink my eyes open, The sun rays was too much I blinked twice thrice before adopting to the light.

My stomach grumbled notifying just how much I need to eat, the new headache was setting again making me hiss lightly as I drop the conforter off my body placing my legs down the bed.

"Are you okay" A certainly voice asked not wanting to believe my ears, I travel my gaze to where I was sure the owner of the voice was.

There Ahmed stood in all his Glory, the way I looked at him how my stated last on his, was what made me believe I really missed him, two months of leaving with someone, we always cuddle each other to sleep. With Ahmed been a good hugger and cuddler everything fell in place after a long day.

I wonder how I manage sleeping all alone yesterday, "good morning" ummi was quick to rush to my side after pushing the door room open.

I smiled at my mother collecting the tray, placing it on the side table ummi rest me back on the bed sitting on the side of the bed, she took my hands then whipped her tears.

"You made me worried" she finally spoke getting to her foot, "I'll leave you too now. Ahmed make sure she finish that" she piont at the tray "you heard when the doctor said about her not having proper meal and" she was quick to rush out of the room.

Typical ummi, The room fell in what seemed to be an uncomfortable silent, "the AC please" I pleaded all of I suddenly I was getting all cold maybe I was catching fever I hate been sick I wanted to yelling.

Ahmed picked the tray and started feeding me, he started a gist that was how cleared all the plate without me even knowing, "let me drop the plate" Ahmed weaved at his hands placing a soft kiss on my forehead before making his way out of the room.

I was quick to run into the loo to take a bath luckily he didn't return to the untill I was done maybe ummi made him had breakfast knowing he hasn't eaten one.

Edited
Short chappy
Vote
Comment
Share

Ongoing edition
All rights reserved
Aleeyu Zaynah
21_9_2021