46) Coffee troubles

Drishti's POV:

"This is bad, this is bad this is real bad" No wonder if my panicked voice could be heard till the reception.

It's just a dress!

Yup, just a gown.

Are you serious!

My whole golden sequin gown with that cute side slit became the prey of my husband's coffee this very evening when we had only 3 hours to the party.

"I tell you, worry not. I have called Shanaya, she is a top designer and my close friend. She will get you-"

"Send Shanaya to get oil! You do mistake and now you are standing in that corner looking absolutely handsome making me think oh my god! Is he made in heaven, and then that guilty child pose is getting on my nerves compressing the bewitching effect of your handsome self! You ruined my gown with your coffee!!"

"Sorry" he murmured bowing his head down and checking his phone continously, perhaps asking Shanaya where she was through texts.

If I don't get a replacement for the gown, he is dead today.

He dead= you widow

You widow= you in jail for killing him

You in jail= you sad

You sad= we happy

We happy= we party

So let it be

At this time my mind was only focussing on the one fact that my oh-so-dear-cute-side-slit gown was ruined by his careless behavior.

I mean who in the whole goddamn universe drinks coffee above his wife's clothes? Not forgetting to add that he was holding the cup from the very delicate handle. His style of holding the cup was ruined and so was my dress.

"Rakshit I hate you" I cried holding the gown in my hands while he continued drawing circles on wall while leaning on it.

"She is coming and trust me, she will make everything right!"

"If she could replace your brain by something useful then yes! She could make everything right!" I was at the verge of exploding but he never dared to convince me.

What is formality?

Formality is something a person should do even if he or she does not want to but out of respect slash manners slash love, the person must do it.

Formality = absent
Absent = murder plans
Plans = very dangerous
Dangerous = what will happen at today's party
Party = dress!

Whatever I think my mind makes a return journey back to the dress, this is unbelievable!

At this point of time the bell rings and I rushed forward to open it as if president obama was on the door.

Hey, it's president Joe Biden.

Her general knowledge is weak bro.

"Please be Shanaya!" I prayed to each and every incarnation of God I've ever known as the doorbell continued ringing.

"Choco, she is not iron man who will directly enter through the door by her magic"

"Correction- it is vision. Iron man would have blasted the door but owing to his great sense of humor that you do not possess, he will ring the doorbell and when the door is opened he will use a lolastic punch line!" I am improving at comebacks but these combacks really disappear into the thin air when I need them.

"What is lolastic?" Oh dear! I thought that only his sense of humor is bad, but I was wrong,

His vocabulary is worse.

"Nevermind, open the door for our vision", he opened the door after giving a I-want-noble-prize-for-being-with-you look.

"Hiiii!!!" In front of us stood Statsey maxfield, Rakshit's designer friend with two women who were constantly eyeraping the person who was exclusively mine.

"Long time no see Shanaya!"

"And as ususal you remembered me when you needed me" she raised her brows at him while he chuckled nervously rubbing the back of his neck. "Who's the lucky one?"

"He is standing right in front of you"

She let out a hearty laugh at my remark which she didn't expect. Why does girl is always the lucky one?

"You must be Drishti, right?" Female hulk dear, female hulk. "Yes, and you must be Shanaya" Her personality was quiet appealing and so was her aura that in itself radiated positivity. She stepped forward to pull of me into a warm hug before containing.

"So you, are his wife" No I'm his grandmother who is just going to hand him money whole going out in famous grandma mafia style. But I simply nodded.

I feared the polar bears.

"I heard that he just dropped his coffee on your favorite dress" This situation is called 'salting the burnt wound', "even I thought why would he invite my poor soul to this party" daily soap over dramatic sigh with which I could sense sad music in the air.

Which dialogue would suit here?
A. Cut 50 rupees for his over acting
B. Don't angry me
C. (Babu Rao Style) Utha le re baba
[Pick me up o god]

"I literally invited you to today's party so that we can have a nice chat but things just turned out the other way when I accidentally tripped the coffee due to which I had to call you earlier"

"You would never change", Shanaya and Rakshit shared a friendly hug which I contained but when the two unknown strangers tried to stick their necks to him, I opened my arms which could even engulf a dinosaur that moment and tugged them under mine. "Hello to you too!"

"Drishti, these are-"

"Your sidekicks, whatever. Can we get ready? Please, just two hours left" I held her hands in mine and started jumping at very spot making her look at Rakshit.

"She's a little childish" he sighed, moving away from the door and welcoming them in.