11) It wasn't difficult earlier

The whole day sir kept ignoring me like I became almost invisible! Can you believe it? I can't. Why is he behaving like this?

"Miss Sood. Did you finish your work?" Somewhere that hurt me too deep! He used to call me choco pie or something like that but today he's called me Miss Sood.

"Yes sir. Just one file..."

"Excuses!! How many of them can you make? Go and finish your work."

"Yes sir." With a heavy heart and tears trying to find their way down I left his cabin.

As soon as I completed my work, I started proceeding towards his cabin. He ordered coffee again. I went to the cafeteria to make his coffee. Just then Mr. Ray crossed my path and stopped there to have a chat with me. I must admit his deep blue eyes were enchanting like hell! As if trying to cast a spell on me.

"Hey Drishti! What's up?"

"I am all good sir. What about you?"

"Perfectly fine. So...how you like the presentation?"

"I must admit sir, you were quite confident and the way Jason sir presented his deal was awesome. Aryan sir looked sleepy like hell. He literally drunk 5 cup coffee in an hour."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes sir." We both giggled when Aryan sir arrived there too.

"Why do I feel like I was getter insulted?"

"Cuz you were Aryan." Ray sir smirked at him. Aryan sir came and stood by me as I was leaning against the cafeteria slab preparing him coffee.

"Have some shame guys" He frowned like a baby.

"Where's that idiot Jason?"

"He must be out there. He's also as serious as Rakshit sometimes."

"Why are they both so serious sir?"

"It's called dumbness and nothing else."
These two were also serious but they could take some time out talking to others and making friends. In spite of the money they had, they were so down to earth.

"Aryan guy stop it."

We three were talking for almost half an hour. The two seemed so polite and friendly that I didn't want to leave the place. They were funny ofcourse. We laughed at even the lamest of all the jokes that made no sense. I was leaning against the slab while Aryan sir stood beside me and Ray sir busy with his phone and smirking at him. We were talking of the business deals and they assigned me some work too.

"Miss Sood where's my coffee?" Acold voice made me shudder in fear as I looked up and my kitten eyes meet his keen relish ones which showed annoyance at the moment he saw me with the two men.

"Sorry sir." I quickly ran to him and handed him over the coffee cup. He looked at me and signals me to follow him through his eyes. I bowed my head and follow him bidding other two with a smile which didn't go unnoticed by Rakshit sir.

We reached his cabin and he started giving me tons of files to read.

Flirt more with them and get more reward. Happy! Your in-your-mind-accepted husband didn't like it.

Oh fiend! You are growing a coward! Drishti dear! Make him more jealous! I think he's jealous!

Jealous= likes me
Likes me= loves me
Loves me= marry me
Marry me= omg

I quickly bounced in excitement and he saw this. Embarrassed once more. I again muttered a low sorry.

"Mr. Cameron, Mr. Jason and Mr. Ahuja will leave for New York tomorrow. We will leave after a month. Before that you need to finish your work."

"Ok sir." I smiled at him. I was hell excited to go to New York! New York be careful! Drishti is coming! "Sir, Ray sir just asked me to get him the Winter Collection project file. So should I give him that before working on these?"

He looked at and rose from his chair. He took some manly strides towards me while I walked sheepish steps back till I hit the wall. He came closer, dangerously closer to me. I looked up in his eyes.

"Go. But don't forget choco pie that you are mine not theirs. I mean my PA, not theirs." He kept staring at me while I managed to budge away. Stepping out I was blushing like hell. Cut all the lines Drishti! Just remember that he said you are his! That's it!

You are such a fool! I can't believe that!

Ignoring him I went in Ray sir's room and handed him the file. Rest of the work went smoothly.

I reached home and unlocked the door. I went inside and took a warm showering relaxing myself in the bath tub as the warm water came in contact with my skin and the fatigue of the work vanished in an instant.

I changed to my nightware and dialed mom's number.

"Moma! Guess what happened?"

"You saw a dinosaur?!!!" She shrieked.

"Mom!"

"Ok bark."

"Some love?"

"Bark my lovely daughter."

To much love to handle.

Why everyone in this universe insults you? You are so good at it! From where did you take the degree?

"Mom please! Leave it! I am going to NY Can you believe it?!"

"To NY." Her voice deepened as if something horribly horrible drew her attention.

At least chose a nice line to speak. Horribly horrible! Are you serious?

"What happened mom?"

"Look. Drishti! You....you won't go."

"Why mom? You know I've always wanted to visit NY. Now I am getting to work in my dream place."

"You can go anywhere. But please not there honey!"

"Give me a reason and I won't."

"Honey please! Try to understand."

"I thought you will be happy mom. But you ain't."

"It's not like that!"

"So please explain."

"It's difficult."

"It wasn't. Earlier." I cut the call and soon burst into tears. I thought she would be happy for me. But she ain't. Why? Why ain't she allowing me to go to New York? Is there any reason?

What do you think is the reason behind her mom's decision?

Will she agree to her mom?

Yo! Good afternoon!

Hope you liked this chapter!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Keep smiling, stay healthy and happy forever!

Love everyone! Don't take anything for granted! Don't be jealous,  but be happy and see the magic this happiness will lead to!

Happy reading 💖💖