The Circle Of Idiots

This is Nikita's suit

This is Nikita's suit. I hope you all are enjoying the story so far.

Anyways on with the story.

****

Steve's POV

I passed by the lab to see Tony poke Dr. Banner with something. I stormed in. "Hey!"

"Nothing?" Tony asked.

"Are you nuts?" I questioned.

"Jury's out." Stark calmly joked. "You really have got a lid on it, haven't you?" He turned back to Dr. Banner. "What's your secret? Mellow jazz, bongo drums, huge bag of weed?" He just kept going.

"Is everything a joke to you?" I chimed in.

"Funny things are." He replied.

"Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship isn't funny. No offense, Doc." I looked at Dr. Banner.

"It's all right, I wouldn't have come aboard if I couldn't handle pointy things." He looked at Tony then back at his computer.

"You're tip-toeing, big man. You need to strut."

"And you need to focus on the problem, Mr. Stark." I told him.

"Do you think I'm not? Why did Fury call us in? why now? Why not before? What isn't he telling us." He kept questioning. " i can't do the equation unless I have all the variables."

" You think Fury's hiding something?" I asked him.

"He's a spy. Captain, he's "the" spy. His secrets have secrets. It's bugging him, too. Isn't it." He gestured towards Dr. Banner.

"Uh..."Dr. Banner moved his hands over the computer. " I just want to finish my work here, and..."

"Doctor?" I looked at him.

He sighed and took off his glasses. "A warm light for all mankind." He quoted. "Loki's jab at Fury about the Cube."

"I heard it."

"Well i think that was meant for you." He pointed towards Stark who held out his bag of blueberries.

"Even if Barton didn't tell Loki about the tower, it was still all over the news."

"The Stark Tower? That big, ugly," Stark looked at me waiting for me to go on. "Building in New York?"

"It's powered by an arc reactor, a self-sustaining energy source." Dr. Banner continued. " That building will run itself for, what, a year?" He looked at Tony.

"It's just a prototype. I'm kind of the only name in clean energy right now. That's what he's getting at." Stark bragged.

"So, why didn't SHIELD bring him in on the Tesseract project? What are they doing in the energy business in the first place?"

"I should probably look into that, once my decryption program finishes breaking into all of SHIELD's secure files."

"I'm sorry. Did you say..."

"Jarvis has been running it since I hit the bridge." Stark interrupted. In a few hours, I'll know every dirty secret SHIELD has ever tried to hide. Blueberry?" He asked holding the bag in front of me.

"Yet you're confused about why they didn't want you around."

"An intelligence organization that fears intelligence? Historically not awesome." He said back at me.

"I think Loki's trying to wind us up. This is a man who means to start a war, and if we don't stay focused, he'll succeed. we have orders. We should follow them." I told the two other men in the room.

"Following's not really my style." Stark said and ate a handful of blueberries.

"And you're all about style, aren't you?"

"Of the people in this room, which one is, A, wearing a spangly outfit, and B, not of use?"

"Steve, tell me none of this smells a little funky to you." I had almost forgotten Dr. Banner was in the room.

I looked at Tony, he was waiting for me to tell him he was right. "Just find the Cube." And with that I walked out of the lab.

As I walked out Pitta walked straight past me and didn't even look at me. She had a very serous look on her face like always but she was walking fast.

I don't know what it is but she looks very familiar. After a few seconds I decided to follow her.

She didn't talk much and kept to herself a lot.

I followed her into a dark hallway where there was not a single person.

She looked behind her shoulder and I quickly jumped behind the wall.

She pulled on a very secure looking door. I forgot for a second that she was a super soldier until she pryed open the door.

She disappeared into a dark room. I quickly ran in after her. The second I walked through the doorway I was pushed against the wall with enough force to knock the wind out of my lungs.

"Why were you following me?"

"I don't know why were you sneaking in here?" I shot back.

She back away. "I was coming to get a weapon. I can't really fight an alien army with my fists."

She had a point, but she also had a gun strapped to her thigh and two batons strapped to her hips.

(These two connect into one, just like Sara Lance's does in the DC Legends of Tomorrow.)

"Maybe not, but that doesn't mean you should be sneaking around." I pointed out to her.

She looked around the room again, and I followed the action. There was a catwalk right above us with wooden crates.

"So what were you really doing down here?" She looked at me with a mix of confusion and anger.

"I was just sneaking around." For the first time since I met her she smiled, but it was a suspicious smile. "But as long as your here," She grabbed onto the floor of the catwalk and pulled herself up without breaking a sweat. "You can help me sneak."

She walked towards one of the crates, and I jumped up to see what was in there.

She opened it to reveal guns with the Hydra logo on them.

"Why would Fury keep Hydra weapons just lying around?" I asked.

"Maybe because they were what almost won them the war." She put the gun back in the crate.

"Almost." I pointed out.

"Even now these are extremely high tech weapons. Maybe plans on using them against Loki." She guessed.

"Or maybe not."