I'm Multi-tasking

Nikita's POV

"Hey, Fellas. Either one of you know where the Smithsonian is? I'm here to pick up a fossil." I said rolling down my window.

"That's hilarious." Steve said getting into the car.

"How you doing?" His friend said to me.

"Hey."

"Can't run everywhere." Steve told him.

"No you can't."

I rolled the window back up and took off to where we were headed. "New friend."

"Just drive."

***

"Target is a mobile satellite launch platform the Lemurian Star. They were sending us their last payload when pirates took them, 93 minutes ago." Rumlow said.

"Any demands?" Steve asked.

"Billion and a half."

"Why so steep?" Steve asked again.

"Because it's SHIELD's."

"So it's not off-course. It's trespassing."

"I'm sure they have a good reason." I said looking at the computer.

"You know, I'm getting a little tired of being Fury's janitor." He looked at me

"Relax. It's not that complicated."

"How many pirates.?" Steve turned his attention back to Rumlow.

"25. Top mercs led by this guy." He said tapping on a picture. "Georges Batroc. Ex-DGSE, Action Division. He's at the top of Interpol's Red Notice. Before the French demobilized him, he had 36 kill missions. This guys got a rep for maximum casualties."

"Hostages?" Steve asked.

"Oh, mostly techs. One officer. Jasper Sitwell. They're in the galley."

"What's Sitwell doing on a launch ship? All right, I'm gonna sweep the deck and find Batroc. Pitta, you kill the engines and wait for instructions. Rumlow, you sweep aft find the hostages, them to life pods, get the out. Let's move." Steve ordered.

"STRIKE, you heard the Cap. Gear up."

"Sercure channel Seven." Steve said on his wrist com.

"Seven secure." I responded. " Did you do anything fun Saturday night?"

"Well, all the guys from my barbershop quartet are dead," He said back. "so, no, not really."

"Coming up on the drop zone," Said the pilot.

"You know, if you ask Kristen out, from Statistics, she'd probably say yes." I told Steve

"That's why I don't ask." He replied.

"Too shy, or too scared?" I asked.

"Too busy." And with that he jumped out of the plane.

"Was he wearing a parachute?" A guy in the back asked.

"No. No he wasn't." Rumlow said.

I put my gun in my thigh holster and grabbed a parachute, making sure it was secure.

I jumped out of the jet onto the ship letting the parachute slow my fall. I didn't really need it but it felt nice just to let Steve be the only one going without a parachute.

After a few seconds we landed on the deck meeting up with Steve.

I unhooked my parachute. "What about the nurse that lives across the hall from you? She seems kind of nice." I told Steve.

"Secure the engine room then find me a date." He responded.

"I'm multi-tasking." And with that I made my way to the engine room.

The guy in the engine room just got off the phone when he turned around to see me.

"Hey, sailor."

I knocked the back of his knee making him fall back

Wrapping a cord around his neck. The cord was connected to my suit and I jumped over the edge of the platform we were on.

I pulled out my guns which were bellow my batons.

I shot two men on my way down, and shot a guy under me.

After I landed I shot two men through the holes in the platform.

"Nik, what's your status? Status Nik."

I snuck up behind a pirate and leaped onto his shoulders.

"Hang on!"

I electrocuted him in the neck.

I rolled off him to be met by another man.

He swung a baton at me and I dodged grabbing his wrist with one hand and his elbow with the other. I bent it as hard as it would take to break a bone.

I kicked him in the gut and knocked him out of my way

A guy with a gun ran in and I fell forward on my hands, kicking the gun out of his hands with my foot.

I got back up and grabbed his neck and flung him to the wall.

"Engine room secure." I told Steve over the com.

One of the men got up, and I grabbed a wrench and swung it at his head.

I walked away towards the computer room.

I turned off my radio not wanting to get caught.

I had put the hard drive into the computer and started downloading the data.

After a few minutes Steve busted in with Batroc and knocked him out.

He hadn't noticed me until I said something. "Well, this is awkward."

"What are you doing?" He walked over to me.

"Backing up the hard drive. It's a good habit to get into." I replied.

"Rumlow needed your help." He told me. " What the hell are you doing here?" he walked over to see what I was doing.

"You're saving SHIELD intel."

"Whatever I can get my hands on."

"Our mission is to rescue hostages."

"No, that's your mission," I grabbed the hard drive and turned to him. "and you've done it beautifully."

I started to walk past him but he grabbed my arm. "You just jeopardized this whole operation."

"I think that's over stating things." I told him.

Just then Batroc got up and threw a grenade in our direction.

Steve grabbed me and I shot out the glass of a window and we jumped through just in time.

I leaned up against the wall. "Okay. That ones on me."

"You're damn right." He got up and went after Batroc.

****

Alright here it is the first chapter in the Winter Soldier movie. I hoped everyone liked it.