One World, One People

*Sorry for that last chapter.*

Nikita's POV

Time to go.

"I'm almost there." Sam said over the comms.

"What's the plan?" Bucky asked.

"Karli's gotta be close. Keep your eyes open." Sam informed us.

"Well, it could be anybody." I said.

"Sergeant Barnes." The guards stepped aside so we could get in.

"And by the way, I called in some backup." Sma told us.

"Excuse me, sir, ma'am. Are you supposed to be here?" A man asked from behind us.

He tapped his temple and his mask started to come off. Sharon ripped of the mask and the hat she was wearing.

What a thief. I did it first.

"It's me." No shit sherlock. I rolled my eyes.

"Sharon, what the hell are you doing here?" Bucky asked.

"Relax. No one's looking for me here." She dragged us to the side.

"Is that Sharon?" Sma asked.

"Unfortunately." I said back.

"Hey, Sam. Thought I'd get the band back together." Sharon said.

"Thank you. You're risking a lot coming here." Sam thanked.

"I hear pardons aren't all they're cracked up to be anyway." Sharon said looking at us.

"Depends on the therapist." Bucky said.

"They'll move on the building soon. Be ready." Oh we were ready.

We ran through the crowd trying to get into the building.

"Sharon, Nik, Bucky, what's going on on your end?" Sam asked.

"Nothing. All quiet." Bucky reported.

"No one's moving towards the building." Sharon informed.

"Karli's not coming in. She's forcing everybody out." Sam said. "You guys are going to have to do something. Don't let them outta the building."

We walked into the building passing through a metal detector. Once we passed through the alarms went off because of our guns and Bucky's arm.

"Oops." Sharon said. Man, I was gonna to say that.

"Here's one of them." Bucky pointed to a guard. "We'll get the evac."

Bucky and I walked further into the building.

We were walking when a woman came up and handed me a phone. "Miss. Petrova, Mr. Barnes, it's Karli."

I stopped and grabbed the phone from her. I put the phone on speaker so we could both hear.

"Karli?" I asked into the phone.

"Aren't you tired of fighting for the wrong side, you two?" Karli asked.

"I've done this before, kid." I scoffed. "I know how it ends." Bucky and I walked down some stairs.

"It doesn't matter if I don't survive this. I'm fighting for something bigger than myself. And with all the bodies you've collected, have you been able to say the same?"

"You don't think I ever fought for something bigger than myself? That's all I ever try to do. And I failed multiple times. You think your cause will justify all this death, but in the end, the nightmares won't go away." I said looking at Bucky. "You're gonna remember all the ones you killed. Trust me. Don't do this. Don't go down this path."