New World Order

Nikita's POV

Nikita's POV

"Aunt Nik, I can't find my phone." Kennedy walked into Josh's room.

I came out from under her bed. "Ask Kensley to call it." She walked out of the room and I continued to dig under Josh's bed.

"Kid, how much junk do you have under here?"

I was helping Josh clean out her room for a yard sale.

All right, let's explain.

After Steve, Nat, and Tony died I quite Avenging.

"All right how would you feel about lunch and a small break?" I got out from under his bed again.

He nodded his small little head. We walked to the kitchen and I made us PB&Js. When we finished he went off to play with the chickens.

I walked out onto the front porch. I sat in a rocking chair next to Anna.

I placed my hand on hers. Her eyes looked around looking for me even though she knew she wouldn't see me.

I squeezed her hand three times. It was code for 'I love you'

She squeezed my hand back.

I walked over to her and helped her get the groceries out of the car.

My phone started ringing and I rushed to the kitchen to set the groceries down. I looked at the caller ID. It was Bucky.

I answered the phone. "What is it?" I asked.

"Is that how you answer the phone?" He asked jokingly.

"Only when it's you." I smiled even if he couldn't see it. "What do you want, Bucky?"

Jade poked her head in with wide eyes. She quickly left then handed me a not pad with writing on it.

Ask him if he wants to come over dinner.

I looked at her shaking my head.

"I-I was wondering if you were busy later." Bucky said.

Jade's eyes widened and she snatched the pad. She flipped the page and wrote something on it.

You have no plans.

She handed it back to me. I shook my head.

"Aunt Nik!" Kennedy yelled. She walked into the room. "We still can't find it." She said frustrated.

"I don't know then." I shrugged slightly irritated.

"Um." Bucky said on the phone.

"I'm sorry. I have to call you back." I said to Bucky.

"Okay. I get it."

He hung up. "Is it on silent?"

"I don't think so." She said.

"Check the car." I suggested. She left and I turned to Jade. "What is this?" I waved the pad in the air.

"You can't tell me you don't like him. You're just too shy to tell him." She said as we walked out of the room.

I hope the heat in my face wasn't visible. "I'm not looking to be in a relationship right now." I sighed.

We both flopped down on the couch. She laid her head on my shoulder. I grabbed the remote and turned on the TV.

The first thing that showed up was the news.

"Unrest, in the wake of recent events has left us vulnerable. Everyday Americans feel it. While we love heroes who put their lives on the line to defend Earth, we also need a hero to defend this country."

I looked at Jade. I turned up the volume a bit.

"We need a real person who embodies America's greatest values. We need someone to inspire us again, someone who can be a symbol for all of us. So, on behalf of the Department of Defense and our Commander-in-Chief, it is with great honor that we announce here today that the United States of America has a new hero. Join me in welcoming your new Captain America."

I knew that the chances of Sam running out of those doors was slim.

Everyone on TV was clapping and cheering as a man in a fake looking Captain America suit ran down the stairs.

***

So a short and boring chapter, I'm sorry. But more will come and they will be exciting and funny.