The Whole World Is Watching (3)

Nikita's POV

Nikita's POV

"She said what? Right. Hold on, hold on. I know, I know. Pack on overnight bag and take the boys." Sam was talking to his sister over the phone.

"What happened?" Bucky asked.

"Karli called Sarah. She threatened my nephews." Sam went back to his sister. "Okay. Go somewhere safe. Only pay cash. All right? Let me know when you get there. I know. Look, I love you. I'll never let anything happen to you and the boys. You know that? Okay. Bye." He hung up.

We stopped walking. If she's putting Sam's family is in danger Karli must be desperate.

"Karli wants to meet. She left a contact number." Sam's phone went off. The number read 'Unknown'.

"She said to come alone." Sam told us.

"We're coming with you." We didn't even need to tell him, we were going with him whether he liked it or not.

***

We rushed into the the North Plaza. "Karli!" Sam yelled out. She looked over the edge of the second story and we all hurried to the stairs.

"You called my sister? That's how we're gonna play this?"

Bucky and I watched to make sure nothing happened.

"I would never hurt her. I wanted to understand you better. I see you, um, didn't come alone."

"You have to end this now."

"I don't want to hurt you." Karli told him. "You're just a tool in the regimes I want to destroy. You're not hiding behind a shield. If I were to kill you, it'd be meaningless. I was gonna ask you to join me. Or do the world a favor and let me go."

Sam looked down at his wrist. "It's Walker." He told us.

Bucky and I jumped down to the lower level, but in mid air Karli knocked us into the wall.

When we got up Sam looked at us. "I'll send you the location. Go!" We ran off as fast as we could as Sam flew towards the way we were going.

We ran past civilians trying to get there as fast as we could.

Once we found the building and got inside we were met by a flight of stairs.

A Flag Smasher ambushed us. He punched Bucky in the jaw and I threw him into the wall as hard as I could.

While he was disoriented Bucky knocked him down the stairs.

"Keep going I got this." He told me and I kept running up the stairs.

"What's with all the knives?" I heard Walker.

I rushed into the room where at least four Flag Smashers were fighting Sam and Walker.

Before a girl could hit Sam I grabbed her by her shoulder.

I was about to turn around when a Flag Smasher jumped right up behind me.

Only then did I realize Bucky was there. He knocked the Flag Smasher down to the ground with enough force to break a grown man's ribs.

"You're welcome." He said dryly.

We all stopped fighting when Karli threw Lemar into a pillar. His body went limp and his eyes didn't open.

Walker slowly made his way to his friend as the Flag Smasher backed away. "Hey. Hey. Hey. Lemar. Lemar." Walker tried to get his friend to wake up.

Karli pulled off her mask and ran out of the room as Walker checked Lemar's pulse.

Sam, Bucky, and I ran after Karli.

By the time we had left the building we had lost Karli.

I big crowd of people had their phones out and were staring at something.

We pushed our way past the people and in the middle of the crowd was the worst thing I had ever seen. And I've seen a lot.

Walker stepped away from the body and I got a good look at the shield. Blood was splattered over it like some horrible Halloween decoration.

I felt like the air around me was toxic. The one thing that Steve had left behind was now ruined. And now, everyone around has it on their phones.

The whole world will have seen this within an hour.

***

And that is a horrible ending to that episode.