I Thought We Had a Deal

Nikita's POV

The sound of trains passing by caught my attention.

I saw as the train passed to reveal Steve. The alien threw her blade at him. He caught it and stepped into the light so Wanda could see him.

Sam flew in and knocked down the other alien.

Steve threw the weapon and Nat caught it. Stabbing the back of the gray alien's leg.

I came out and kicked him in the stomach and punch him in his ugly face.

He turned to face Nat and she stabbed him right next to the heart. She flipped and kicked him off the spear. He flew at me and I kicked his spine hearing a loud and painful crack.

I didn't know aliens had spines.

Steve took the purple haired alien who seemed to be female, but I didn't want to be that person.

The three of us fought her off until Sam knocked her across the room next to her friend.

Sam and I aimed guns at them daring them to move.

"Get up." She ordered to him.

"I can't." He said weakly.

"We don't wanna kill you, but we will." Nat warned them.

"You'll never get the chance again." A blue light pulled them into the sky like in old movies. It took there weapon out of Steve's hand too.

We walked over to Vision and Wanda.

"Can you stand?" Sam helped Vision to his feet. Wanda and Sam supporting him.

"Thank you, Captain."

"Let's get you on the jet."

***

"Now, I thought we had a deal." I said closing the Quinjet door as we took off. "Stay close, check in, don't take any chances."

"I'm sorry. We just wanted time."

I made my way to the front of the jet. I sat in a chair behind the pilot's seat. I had to say I'm not happy with Sam's flying.

"Where to, Cap?"

"Home."

"Nice hair." I told Nat.

"I could say the same about you." Her hair was cut shoulder length and was dyed a platinum blonde color.

***

We walked into the compound just as Rhodey was on a call with Secretary Ross.

"Mr. Secretary." Steve said as we entered the room.

"You got some nerve. I'll give you that." The hologram walked up to us.

"You could use some of that right now." Nat said.

"The world's on fire. And you think all is forgiven?"

"I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender. So we're here to fight. And if you wanna stand in our way...we'll fight you too."

"Arrest them."

"All over it." Rhodey said and the hologram went dead. "That's court-marshall. It's great to see you, Cap."

"You too, Rhodey." Steve said shaking his hand.

"Hey." He gave Nat a hug too.

"Wow. You guys...really look like crap. Must've been a rough couple years."

"Yeah, well, the hotels weren't exactly five star." Sam said.

"Uh, I think you guys look great." Said the familiar voice of Dr. Bruce Banner. "Uh..." He awkwardly walked down the steps and into the room. His clothes were all torn. "Yeah, I'm back."

"Hi, Bruce."

"Nat." He just gave her a light nod.

I could hear Sam whisper behind me. "This is awkward." Vision and Wand just kind of looked at him.

"So we gotta assume they're coming back right." Rhodey looked at the picture of the two aliens.

"And they can clearly find us." Wanda said.

"We need all hands on deck. Where's Clint?" Banner asked.

"After the whole Accords situation, he and Scott took a deal. It was too tough on their families. They're under house arrest." Nat informed

"Who's Scott?" Banner asked.

"Ant-Man." Steve told him.

"There's an Ant-Man and a Spider-Man?" He really had a lot of catching up to do. "Okay, look. Thanos has the biggest army in the universe...and he is not gonna stop until h-he gets, Vision's stone."

"Then we have to protect it." Nat said.

"No we have to destroy it." We all looked at Vision. "I've been giving a good deal of thought to this entity in my head. About it's nature. But also of it's composition. I think if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source...something very similar to its own signature, perhaps...its molecular integrity could fail."

"Yeah, and you with it. We're not having this conversation." Wanda told him.

"Eliminating the stone is the only way to be certain that Thanos can't get it."

"That's to high a price." Vision cupped her face.

"Only you have the power to pay it." Wanda walked away. "Thanos threatens half the universe. One life cannot stand on the way of defeating him."

"But it should." Steve said. "We don't trade lives, Vision."

"Captain, 70 years ago, you laid down your life...to save how many millions of people? Tell me, why is this any different?"

"Because you might have a choice." Banner said. "Your mind is made up of a complex construct of overlays. Jarvis, Ultron, Tony, me, the stone. All of them mixed together. All of them learning from one another."

"You're saying Vision isn't just the stone?" Wanda asked.

"I'm saying that if we take out the stone...there's still a whole lot of Vision left. Perhaps the best parts."

"Can we do that?" Nat asked.

"Not me, not here."

I looked up to see Steve looking at me with his usual 'I have a plan' look.

"Well, you better find someone and somewhere fast. Ross isn't just gonna let you guys have your old rooms back." Rhodey said.

"I know someone somewhere. She's smarter than Tony and Bruce together."

Given how smart Tony and Bruce were that was pretty damn smart.

I sent a message to T'Challa in Wakanda that we would be coming and we'd need an army. A big one.