About damn time

Nikita's POV

"It was him." Steve said glumly. " He looked right at me like he didn't even know me."

"How's that even possible? It was like, 70 years ago." I looked at Sam, He clearly had no idea who he was sitting next to and across from.

"Zola. Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43. Zola experimented on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall. They must have found him and..."

"None of that's your fault, Steve."

"Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky."

"We need to get a doctor here. If we don't put pressure on that wound, she's gonna bleed out here in the truck." Sam said to the guards.

The one guard pulled out an electric baton. Sam shut up quickly. I looked at my shoulder. It wouldn't be as bad as it could be, but it still hurt like hell.

The guard then shocked the one beside him and kicked him in the head.

"Ah. That thing was squeezing my brain." Said the familiar voice of Maria Hill. She looked at Sam. "Who's this guy?"

-

We finally arrived and got out of the van we had moved to.

We were outside the city near the sewers.

We walked into a tunnel following Maria.

"GSW she's lost at least a pint." Maria said to a doctor.

"Maybe two." Sam corrected.

"Let me take her." Said the doctor.

"She'll want to see him first." Said Maria.

She lead us to a room with a bed and a heart monitor.

In the bed was a beaten up Nick Fury.

"About damn time." Was all he said.

The doctor fixed my shoulder while we all talked.

"Lacerated spinal column, cracked sternum, shattered collarbone,perforated liver, and one hell of a headache." Fury listed his injuries to us.

"Don't forget your collapsed lung." The doctor said.

"Let's not forget that. Otherwise, I'm good."

"They cut you open. Your heart stopped." I said.

"Tetrodotoxin B. Slows the pulse to one beat a minute. Banner developed it for stress. Didn't work so great for him, but we found a use for it." He explained.

"Why all the secrecy? Why not tell us?" Steve asked.

"Any attempt on the Directors life had to look successful." Maria said.

"Can't kill you if you're already dead. Besides, I wasn't sure who to trust."

After all this, he didn't trust me. I trusted that he wouldn't lock me up for murder and a couple other things, but he didn't trust that I was done with Hydra.