Boy, That Sure Was Weird

I flew out the doorway and into the hall hitting my back on the wall. Steve was laying in front of me face down.

Him and Stark got up and started running towards the engine. "Put on the suit." Steve told Stark.

"Yeah."

I followed them to the engine which is where the explosion came from.

"Someones got to get out there and fix that engine." Hill said over the com.

We ran past agents heading to level 4.

"Engine three. I'll meet you there."

Me and Steve ran as fast as we could to the engine dodging agents and swerving through hallways.

When we got to the engine room the door was locked and men were stuck inside.

Steve opened the doors to let them out.

Half the room was blown off so you could feel the wind and lack of air, but it didn't bother me.

"Stark! Stark, we're here!" Steve yelled out.

"Good" I could see the Iron Man suit coming towards us. "Let's see what we've got."

"I got to get this superconducting coolant system back online before I can access the rotors, work on dislodging the debris." He mumbled to himself.

He moved a few thing then started a mini laser to make a hole to the rotor.

"I need you to get to that engine control panel and tell me which relays are in overload position." He instructed us and flew off.

I jumped on a higher floor and Steve followed.

As soon as I got there I turned to my left opened a small door and pulled out the panel.

On it was a bunch of electric and tech stuff that I couldn't make sense of.

"What does it look like in there?" Stark asked us.

Steve looked at me for an answer but I didn't have one. "It seems to run on some form of electricity." Steve said.

"Well you're not wrong." He said.

"Okay, the relays are intact. What's our next move?" Steve asked. We had somehow managed to figure out how to tell if they were good or not.

"Even if I clear the rotors, this thing won't re-engage without a jump. I'm going to have to get in there and push."

"If that thing gets up to speed, you'll get shredded."

"That stator control unit can reverse the polarity long enough to disengage maglev and that could..."

"Speak English!" I told him.

"You see that red lever? It will slow the rotors down long enough for me to get out. Stand by it and wait for my word."

I jumped over to where the lever was safely.

After waiting a few seconds for Stark two men came into the room heavily armed.

One tossed a grenade to Steve but he jumped and swatted it away midair.

I jumped down to where the two men were and punched the one that threw the grenade.

The other held up his gun but lucky for me I was able to kick his gun out of his hand and kick his face with my other foot.

I turned to see the other guy getting up so I grabbed him and threw him off the ship and into the sky.

Suddenly I heard gunshots from the doorway and took cover. I picked up a piece of scrap metal and chucked it right next to his head making him jumped for cover as well.

I then grabbed both of the men's guns and jumped up to where Steve was waiting by the lever.

He took a gun and we both started firing at the man in the doorway.

The guy kept shooting at us until Steve took one to many steps back. He slipped and fell just barely grabbing a cord to hang on to.

He waved in the air like a real american flag.

"Okay pull the level guys." Stark said.

"Little busy." I yelled back.

"Lever now."

Steve finally pulled himself up and I covered him while he tried to reach the lever.

Stark busted in and took out the guy in the doorway.

I heard Steve let out a breath behind me.

I sat down on the floor and looked at my torso. I had my hand over the bloody bullet hole right next to my rib cage.

I looked over at Steve who had gotten up and was holding a hand out to help me up. I don't think he saw the blood but I had to get it cleaned and fixed.

"Agent Coulson is down." Fury said over the com.

Coulson was dead and Loki had gotten away. At this point, if someone told me my dog died, I wouldn't be surprised.

We all made our way back to the bridge to check in on everybody.