Use Your Words

Nikita's POV

"All our work is gone." We just got attacked and that's what Banner was worried about."Ultron cleared out. He used the internet as an escape hatch."

"Ultron." Steve said.

"He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other." Nat said.

"He's in your files, he's in the internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" Rhodey looked at us all.

"Nuclear codes." Said Maria from her corner.

"Nuclear codes." Rhodey agreed. "Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can."

"Nukes? He said he wanted us dead." Natasha said.

"He didn't say "dead." He said "extinct." Steve told us.

"He also said he killed somebody." Barton spoke up.

"There wasn't anyone else in the building."

"Yes, there was." To be honest, I forgot Stark was in the room.

He walked to the center of the room and tapped the air with something and a hologram showed up.

JARVIS

"What? This is insane." Banner looked at the hologram.

"Jarvis was the first line of defense. He would have shut Ultron down. It makes sense."

"No. Ultron could have assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy. This is rage."

Just then heavy footsteps entered the room. Thor walked up and grabbed Stark by the throat and held him in the air.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!"

"It's going around."

"Come on, use your words, buddy." Stark said.

"I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark." Thor said.

"Thor. The Legionnaire." Steve said to stop Thor.

Thor dropped Stark. "Trail went cold 100 miles out, but it's headed north. And it has the scepter. Now we have to retrieve it, again." Thor gave Stark a deadly glare.

"Genie's out of that bottle. Clear and present is Ultron."

"Villains, always have to make a parade." I said.

"I don't understand. You built this program. Why is it trying to kill us?" Dr. Cho asked.

Stark started to chuckle which turned into a laugh.

"You think this is funny?" Thor looked at him.

"No. It's probably not, right? This is very terrible. Is it so...Is it so...It is. It's so terrible."

"This could have been avoided if you hadn't played with something you don't understand."

"No. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It is funny. It's a hoot that you don't get why we need this."

"Tony, maybe this might not be the time." Banner tried to intervene.

"Really? That's it? You just roll over, show your belly every time somebody snarls." Stark turned his amusement into an accusation.

"Only when I've created a murder bot." Banner defended himself.

"We didn't. We weren't even close. Were we close to an interface?"

"Well, you did something right. And you did it right here. The Avengers were supposed to be different than SHIELD." Steve walked up to Tony.

"Anybody remember when I carried a nuke through a wormhole?"

"No, it's never come up."

"Saved New York?"

"Never heard that."

"Recall that? A hostile alien army came charging through a hole in space. We're standing 300 feet below it." Tony continued his speech. "We're the Avengers. We can bust arms dealers all the livelong day, but that up there, that's...that's the endgame. How are you guys planning on beating that?"

"Together." Steve answered.

"We'll lose."

"Then we'll do that together, too." Out of nowhere he changed the subject. "Thor's right. Ultron's calling us out. And I'd like to find him before he's ready for us. The worlds a big place. Let's start making it smaller."

And with that we all left.

*Time Skip*

"Well I hope you all took a deep long look at yourself because it's time to kick some robot ass."

I walked in an Nat and Banner sitting at a couch. Nat looked back at me and I got the message.

"My bad."

"No it's fine. What'd you find?" Banner asked.

"I don't know yet."

I quickly walked out of the room before it could get anymore awkward.

Steve handed the ipad to Thor.

"What's this?" Tony asked.

"A message. Ultron killed Strucker." Thor practically slammed the tablet into Tony's chest.

"And he did a Banksy at the crime scene, just for us."

"Don't know if we're worth a whole mural." Nobody looked amused at what I had to say.

"This is a smoke screen. Why send a message when you've just given a speech?"

"Strucker knew something that Ultron wanted us to miss."

"Yeah, I bet he... Yeah. Everything we had on Strucker's been erased."

"Not everything." Steve said.

We pulled lids off boxes for what felt like forever.

"Known associates. Baron Strucker had a lot of friends." Steve brought in another box.

"Well, these people are all horrible."

"Wait. I know that guy."

Tony grabbed a picture from Banner. "From back in the day. He operated off the African coast. Black market arms."

Steve gave Tony a disappointed look.

"There are conventions. All right? You meet people. I didn't sell him anything. He was talking about finding something new, a game-changer. It was all very Ahab."

"This?" Thor pointed at a mark on the back of his neck.

"Ah, it's a tattoo, I don't think he had it."

"Those are tattoos, this is a brand."

I grabbed the picture from Thor.

"Wait let me see that. It's form an African dialect meaning "thief." More of less." I told the team.

"What dialect?" Steve asked me.

"Wakanda." I answered.

Steve and Tony looked at each other. "If this guy got out of Wakanda with some of their trade goods..."

"I thought your father said he got the last of it."

"I don't follow." Banner pipped up. "What comes out of Wakanda?"

"The strongest metal on Earth." We all looked at Steve's shield.

"Where is this guy now?"