Truth (2)

Bucky's POV

Bucky's POV

I had called Nikita and said I needed help with something.

"You called because of a suit?" She said.

"You get one too." I said.

"Bucky, really?"

"Look, do you want the suit or not?"

"Of course I want it." She grabbed the case and threw it in her car. "Did you do it?" She asked.

"Don't worry. He's enjoying to wonderful view of a prison cell at the Raft." I confirmed.

***

"How are we gonna get it off the truck?" Sam asked.

I picked up the crate and took it off the truck setting it down on the ground. "You're welcome." I said.

I set the case for the suit on the truck. "Just dropping this off. You can sign for it and we'll go. I called in a favor from the Wakandans."

A pipe behind us burst and Sam rushed to fix it. "Sam!" A woman called out.

"Hi." I said.

"Hi." The woman responded.

"Hey." Nikita said as I jumped onto the boat.

"Hold on, hold on. You gotta go up." I grabbed the wrench from Sam's hand and started to pull up.

"Why didn't you use the metal arm?" Sam asked me once I had fixed it.

"Well, I don't always think of it immediately. I'm right handed. So this is the boat, huh?"

"This is it." Sam said.

"It's nice." I said.

"You want any help?" I asked him.

"Yeah."

"Since when do you know how to fix a boat?" Nikita asked me.

"Since the 1930s at least."

"Ah

"Ah. Cool." She got up and jumped onto the boat.

"Do you know how to fix a boat?"

"I can figure it out." She said picking up a wrench.

When she walked to the other side of the boat Sam gave me a weird look.

"What?" I asked him as he raised an eyebrow and walked away.

Almost an hour layer Sam's nephews kept asking Nik questions while she tried to fix the steering on the boat. I listened in on their questions as I was fixing the door.

"So, what are your powers?"

"Did you help fight Thanos?"

"Are you super strong?"

"Um, superpowers?"

The boys nodded in unison.

"We'll, my powers are real self control." She said.

"That's not a power." The younger one said.

"Of course it is." She said. "You know how many murders I've stopped just by saying it's not worth the jail time?" She asked rhetorically.

"4" I guessed.

"I wasn't talking to you."

***

We were working on the boat all day.

"Think Karli's gonna throw in the towel?" I asked.

"I think she's gonna double down." Sam responded.

"Any idea how to stop her?"

"I got Joaquin working for something." He told us.

"Well, Zemo says there's only one way."

After a few more minutes of working we all sat down and had a beer.

Well, I think Nikita had three and I had four. Maybe the only good thing about this serum.

"Well...Gotta catch my flight tomorrow. Get a hotel room for the night. Crash you know." I said getting my stuff.

"You're just gonna set me up like that, huh?"

"Well, I don't want to make it weird for your family." I said.

"Just stay here. The people in this town are the most welcoming people in the world. They don't care if you wear small T-shirts or if you have six toes or if your mom's your aunt. If you-"

"Okay, I get it." I said stopping him. "I mean, you know, the people are nice."

"Well, I have to get going. I actually have a place to sleep." Nikita said getting off the boat.

I watched she grabbed her jacket and Sarah and her were talking as they headed back to the house.

"Hey, Buck can I talk to you?" Sam asked. "You're making it very awkward."

"What?" I asked confused.

"Nik, really? It's really hard to watch you flirt. Especially with her. I mean it's been what 100 years since-"

"Okay, okay. It hasn't been 100 year. And I wasn't even flirting." Sam gave me another look like he did earlier. " I didn't- I wasn't." I waved him off and got off the boat.

***

Sorry, short chapter and I haven't been updating as much as I used to, but softball is starting soon so I will be conditioning every Tuesday and Thursday so I may not update on this days.