But You Won't

***

***

Nikita's POV

"Do you solemnly swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?" The woman asked.

"I do." I told her.

"Why haven't we yet heard from Captain Rogers?" A man asked.

"I don't know what there is left for him to say. I think the wreck in the middle of the Potomac made his point fairly eloquently." I told everyone in the room but mostly the people in front.

"Well, he could explain how this country is expected to maintain its national security now that he and you have laid waste to our intelligence apparatus."

"Hydra was selling you lies, not intelligence."

"Many of which you seemed to have had a personal hand in telling."

"Not recently." I muttered to myself.

"Agent, you should know that there are some on this committee who feel, given your service record, both for the country and against it, that you belong in a penitentiary." Said another man. "Not mouthing off on Capitol Hill."

"You're not going to put me in a prison. You're not going to put any of us in a prison. You know why?"

"Do enlighten us." He looked at the other people.

"Because you need us. Yes the world is a vulnerable place, and yes we help make it that way. But we're also the ones best qualified to defend it. So, if you want to arrest me, arrest me. You'll know where to find me." They all looked at each other and I could hear the cameras behind me.

I got up and walked out of the building ignoring all the reporters who were asking me questions.

"You should be honored, that's about has close as he gets to saying thank you." I walked up to the grave as Fury walked away.

"Not going with him?"

"No."

"Not staying here."

"Nah. I blew all my covers. I got to go figure out a new one." I told him.

"That might take a while."

"I'm counting on it. That thing you asked for," I handed him the file that I had on the Winter Soldier. "I called in a few favors from Kiev. Will you do me a favor? Call that nurse."

"She's not a nurse."

"And you're not a SHIELD agent."

"What was her name again?"

"Sharon." I told him. "She's nice."

I leaned in and kissed him on the cheek and walked away. "Be careful, Steve. You might not want to pull on that thread."

If it really was Steve's old friend then I'm not sure he would want a reunion.

*Winter Soldier's POV*

I stood on the side walk looking at the cafe across the street.

I saw the woman from the bridge walk to one of the outside tables. The memory of her was slowly fading from my mind and being replaced by a new one.

She is standing in front of me. She is wearing all black and her hair is pulled back in a tight ponytail. She has a emotionless expression on. I don't remember what happens next.

Pierce said she could still be useful. Meaning she has information on Hydra, some of Hydra agents are still out there. They'll be looking for her.

Before I could walk across the street I see two police cars sitting near the cafe. I decide that she has people who will help.

I head towards the Smithsonian Museum. I walked into the Captain America exhibit.

I saw the dedication part and I saw a picture of me. At least it looked like me.

The man had a freshly shaved face and his hair was cut short. He had dirt on his face and he had a smile on his face I didn't recognize.

Despite our differences this man was me.

****

All right that is the end of the Winter Soldier, I hoped everyone like it.