Where's My Bachelorette Party

Nikita's POV

"First rule of going on the run is don't run, walk." I said looking ahead calmly while Steve kept looking around.

"If I run in these shoes, they're gonna fall off." He said looking around.

We were at the mall heading to the apple store.

"The drive has a Level Six homing program, so as soon as we boot up SHIELD will know exactly where we are."

"How much time do we have?"

"About nine minutes from..." I plugged in the hard drive and it lit up. "now."

"Fury was right about that ship. Somebody's trying to hide something. This drive is protected by some sort of AI. It keeps rewriting itself to counter my commands." I said trying to open up the files.

"Can you override it?" Steve wouldn't stop looking over his shoulder and it made us look suspicious.

"The person who developed this is slightly smarter than me, and clearly much better with computers. But only slightly."

"I'm gonna try running a tracer." I kept typing. "This is a program that SHIELD developed to track malware, so if we can't read the file, maybe we can find out where it came from."

"Can I help you guys with anything?" A guy with really long blonde hair popped up beside us.

"Oh, no. My fiance was just helping me with some honeymoon destinations." I said in a really fake and perky voice.

"Right. We're getting married." Steve said clearly a little surprised.

"Congratulations. Where are you guys thinking about going?" I went back to typing while the two of them talked.

"New Jersey." Steve looked at the computer as it showed the location of where the file came from.

I looked at the computer screen. My sister and mom moved to New Jersey, or was it New York.

"Oh."

"I have the exact same glasses."

"Wow, you two are practically twins." I didn't look up but could tell Steve was relieved the guy didn't recognize him.

"Yeah. I wish. Specimen. If you guys need anything, I've been Aaron."

"Thank you." And with that the man walked away.

Steve turned back to me looking at his watch. "You said nine minutes. Come on."

"Sh, relax. Got it."

Steve looked closely at the computer.

"You know it?"

"I used to. Let's go." He grabbed the hard drive and we walked out of the store.

"Standard tack team. Two behind, two across, and two coming straight at us. If they make us, I'll engage, you hit the south escalator to the metro."

"Shut up and put your arm around me. Laugh at something I said."

"What?"

"Do it."

He threw his arm over my shoulder and we both turned our heads a little so you couldn't see them. It's a good thing I was wearing a hood and he was wearing a hat.

Right as we passed them he laughed.

The second we were passed them I threw his arm off me.

We made it to the escalator, and as we were going down I could see Rumlow on the one right next to us going up.

Before he could see me I turned around to face Steve. "Kiss me."

"What?"

"Public displays of affection make people very uncomfortable." I told him.

"Yes, they do."

Before he could say anymore I grabbed his face and pulled him into a kiss.

Waiting a few seconds I opened my eyes and Rumlow had passed us already.

I pulled away and started to get off the escalator. "You still uncomfortable?"

"It's not exactly the word I would use."

We stole a truck and made our way to New Jersey.

"Where did Captain America learn to steal a car?" I looked at him.

"Nazi Germany."

"Mmm."

"And we're borrowing. take your feet off the dash."

I looked at him and pulled my feet down.

"All right I have a question for you, which you do not have to answer. I feel like, if you don't answer it though, you're kind of answering it, you know."

"What?" He asked slightly annoyed.

"Was that your first kiss since 1945?" I smiled.

"That bad, huh?"

"I didn't say that."

"Well, it kind of sounds like that's what you're saying."

"No, I didn't. I just wondered how much practice you've had."

"You don't need practice." He didn't look at me but I could tell he was smiling.

"Everybody needs practice."

"It was not my first kiss since 1945. I'm 95, I'm not dead."

"Nobody special, though?"

"Believe it or not it's kind of hard to find someone with shared life experience."

I looked at him and he looked back.

I continued looking at him like he was dumb.

"Well being an 95 year old assassin and being a 95 year old war hero two very different things." I rolled my eyes and scoffed at him.

"Well maybe but..." I looked at him. "Never mind. Keep your eyes on the road."