Do You Get Deja Vu

Winter Soldier's POV

The scientists had been repairing my arm for a few hours now.

I kept having flashbacks. They hurt.

It was the girl from the bridge, we were in a training room. Her name, I feel like I should know her name. I saw another image of me carrying her into what looked like a jet. She was bleeding and she had a cut on her cheek.

Then I was on a train, or outside a train, falling. "Bucky!"

German soldiers dragging me threw the snow with only one arm.

At last it was too much and I threw the scientist across the room making every guard raise their guns. Then Pierce walked in and everyone lowered the guns.

"Mission report." He demanded.

I didn't say anything. I was still sitting through the images in my head.

"Mission report now." Pierce demanded.

He walked closer to me lowering his face to be level with mine. He slapped me across the face.

"The woman on the bridge. Who was she?" Concern seemed to flash on his face.

"You met her years ago on an assignment."

"I knew her."

He sat down on the stool the scientist was sitting on earlier. "Your work has been a gift to mankind. You shaped the century. And I need you to do it one more time. Society's at a tipping point between order and chaos. And tomorrow morning, we're gonna give it a push. But, if you don't do your part, I can't do mine. And Hydra can't give the world the freedom it deserves."

"But I knew her."

Pierce leaned back and let out what sounded like a disappointed sigh. Then he quickly got up. "Prep him."

"He's been out of cyro freeze too long." I heard a scientist. I really didn't care what they were saying. I cared about who that girl was. She spoke Russian and she was as strong as me.

"Then wipe him and start over."

They leaned me back in the chair and I opened my mouth so they could put the mouth guard in. The machine started and I was strapped down.

I had felt this pain time and time again, but no matter how many times it happened, it still hurt.

Nikita's POV

"This man declined a Nobel Peace Prize. He said peace wasn't an achievement, it was a responsibility. See, it's stuff like this that gives me trust issues." Fury said as we all sat around a table trying to make a plan.

I know the feeling.

"We have to stop the launch."

"I don't think the Council's accepting my calls anymore." He opened up a brief case to reveal three chips.

"What's that?" Sam asked.

"Once the helicarriers reach 3,000 feet, they'll triangulate with Insight satellites, becoming fully weaponized." Maria turned a computer to us so we could see.

"We need to breach those carriers and replace their targeting blades with our own."

"One or two won't cut it. We need to link all three carriers for this to work, because if even one of those ships remains operational, a whole lot of people are gonna die."

"We have to assume everyone aboard those carriers is Hydra. We have to get past them, insert these server blades. And maybe, just maybe we can salvage what's left..." Steve cut Fury off before he could say anymore.

"We're not salvaging anything. We're not just taking down the carriers, Nick. We're taking down SHIELD."

"SHIELD had nothing to do with this." Fury argued.

"You gave me this mission. This is how it ends. SHIELD's been compromised. You said so yourself. Hydra grew right under your nose and nobody noticed."

"Why do you think we're meeting in this cave? I noticed."

"How many paid the price before you did?"

Fury looked at me. "Look, I didn't know about Barnes."

"Even if you had, would you have told me? Or would you have compartmentalized that, too? SHIELD, Hydra, it all goes."

"He's right." Maria agreed.

Fury looked back at me for my answer, but I could tell he already knew. "Everything." I leaned back.

"Don't look at me." Sam said. "I do what he does, just slower."

"Well..." He let out a defeated sigh. "It looks like you're giving the orders now, Captain."

Later after everybody was getting ready for their parts in the mission I was sitting at a table cursing the shoes and skirt that I had to wear.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you." Fury walked in but I didn't even look up.

"I really don't care anymore. You had a reason and I don't need to hear it."

"But you want to hear it." He sat down across from me. "I didn't tell you because I didn't know if you were still working with them."

"What about the fact that I trusted you. Was that not enough for you to trust me?" I stood and walked away getting into a chopper and putting on my wig and the rest of my disguise.