The Quantum Realm

Steve's POV

It felt like forever before Nik go here. We brought her in and Scott started muttering to himself and pacing.

"Scott. Are you okay?"

"Yeah."

"Have any of you guys ever studied quantum physics?" He asked the three of us.

"Only to make conversation." Nat answered.

"All right, so...five years ago, right before...Thanos...I was in a place called the quantum realm. The quantum realm is like its own microscopic universe. To get in there. you have to be incredibly small. Hope. She's my, um...She was my...She was supposed to pull me out. And then Thanos happened...and I got stuck in there." He told us.

"I'm sorry, that must have been a very long five years." Nat said.

"Yeah, but that's just it. It wasn't. For me, it was five hours. See the rules of the quantum realm aren't like they are up here. Everything is unpredictable. Is that anybody's sandwich? I'm starving." He walked over and grabbed Pitta's sandwich.

I saw she was about to protest but Scott quickly bit into it like it was his last meal.

"Scott.What are you talking about?"

"So...what I'm saying is...time works differently in the quantum realm. The only problem is right now we don't have a way to navigate it. But what if we did?" He started pacing again. "I can't stop thinking about it. What if we could somehow control the chaos...and we could navigate it? What if there was a way...that we could enter the quantum realm at a certain point in time...but then exit the quantum realm at another point in time? Like...like before Thanos."

"Wait. Are you talking about a time machine?" I asked.

"No. No, of course not. No, not a time machine. This is more like a...Yeah. Like a time machine." Pitta looked like she was considering the idea. "I know, it's crazy. It's crazy. But I can't stop thinking about it. There's gotta be...some way...It's crazy."

"Scott. I get emails from a raccoon...so nothing sounds crazy anymore." Pitta told him.

"So, who do we talk to about this?"

***

Sorry for another short chapter.