I'm Sure You Did You're Best

Nikita's POV

"Drop 2600, heading 0-3-0." I told Sam.

"I hope your right about this. Or we're gonna land a lot faster than you want to."

"Your lack of trust in me is hilarious." I told him as we entered the dome and saw the beautiful city of Wakanda.

The giant Black Panther statue was right up on top of his mountain watching over the people in the streets.

Sam landed the jet in front of the palace where the Dora Milaje were waiting with the king.

We walked out of the jet and into the warm African sun.

"Should we bow?" Banner asked Rhodey and I.

I just looked at him trying not to laugh. "Yeah, he's a king." Rhodey told him.

"Seems like I'm always thanking you for something." Steve, Nat, and I walked up to thank T'Challa.

Banner cleared his throat and bowed.

"What are you doing?" Rhodey asked him jokingly.

"Uh, we don't do that here." T'Challa then turned back to us. "So how big of an assault should we expect?"

"Uh, sir, I think you should expect quite a big assault." Banner told him.

"How we looking?" Nat asked.

"You will have my Kingsguard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, and..." He gestured to Bucky who had clearly just showed up.

"And a semi-stable 100-year-old man." Unlike last time I saw him, he had a new arm and his beard had grown out more. Steve gave him a big hug, since the last time they saw each other was when Bucky was going back under ice.

"How you been, Buck?"

"Uh, not bad, for the end of the world."

He looked at me and smiled. I returned the smile to him.

We made it into Shuri's lab and set Vision on the table, where Shuri scanned him to see the damage.

"Whoa." Banner said.

"The structure is polymorphic." Shuri said as a hologram of the stone came up.

"Right, we had to attach each neuron non-sequentially." Banner told her.

"Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?" She looked at Banner.

"Because we didn't think of it." He told her.

"I'm sure you did your best." She said.

"I told you." I looked at Steve and Nat. They were both trying not to smile.

"Can you do it?" Wanda asked.

"Yes, but there are more than two trillion neurons here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures. It will take time, brother."

"How long?" Steve asked.

"As long as you can give me." Shuri told him.

Okoye's kimoyo beads started to beep. She rolled it into her palm and it showed a holographic map of the Earth's atmosphere.

"Something's entered the atmosphere."

"Hey, Cap, we got a situation here." Sam said over the comm.

There was a loud boom outside and we all ran to the window to see what was happening.

"Don't start celebrating yet, guys. We got more incoming outside the dome." Rhodey informed.

Alien ships crashed into the ground around the dome protecting Wakanda.

"It's too late. We need to destroy the stone now." Vision said.

"Vision, get your ass back on the table." I told him.

"We will hold them off." T'Challa reasured.

"Wanda, as soon as that stone's out of his head...you blow it to hell."

"I will." She told Steve.

"Evacuate the city. Engage all defenses. And get this man a shield." T'Challa pointed to Steve.