Your Not Worthy

Nikita's POV

Nikita's POV

The tower was filled with people.

I was behind the bar with Maria listening to Rhodey tell a story.

"And you know the suit can take the wait. So I take the tank, fly it right up to the general's palace, drop it at his feet. I'm, like, "Boom. You looking for this?"

The three of us just stared at him. "Boom. Are you looking for..." Why do I even talk to you guys? Everywhere else, that story kills." He explained

"That's the whole story?" Thor asked.

"Yeah, its a War Machine story."

"Oh, it's very good, the. It's impressive."

"Quality save. So no Pepper? She's not coming?"

"No." Stark said.

"What about Jane? Where are the ladies gentlemen?" Maria said.

"Oh, Ms. Potts has a company to run."

"Yes, I'm not even sure what country Jane's in. Her work on the Convergence has made her the world's foremost astronomer."

"And the company that Pepper runs is the largest tech conglomerate on Earth. It's pretty exciting." Stark butted in.

I looked at Maria.

"There's even talk of Jane getting a, um, Nobel Prize."

"Yeah, they must be busy, because they would hate missing you guys together."

"Testosterone!" She coughed out.

"Oh, my goodness."

"Well, I'm going to get another beer." I walked away from them.

"I gotta have some of that." Said an older man.

"Oh, no, no, no. See this...This was aged for 1,000 years," Thor handed me and Steve a glass. "in barrels built from the wreck of Grunhel's fleet. It is not meant for mortal men."

I held it under my nose and smelt it. I looked at Steve, he shrugged his shoulders and took a sip. His face twisted as if it was sour. I couldn't help but laugh.

I took a sip and almost spit it back in the cup. I swallowed it and made a fake gagging gesture.

"Neither was Omaha Beach, blondie. Stop trying to scare us. Come on."

"All right."

After a few minutes the party was just down to a few of us left.

"But it's a trick." Clint spun a drum stick between his fingers.

"No, no, it's much more than that."

"Ah, whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power." Clint mocked. "Whatever, man! It's a trick."