Time Travel

Nikita's POV

"Scott, fire up...the, uh, van thing." Bruce ordered.

Scott opened up the back of his van and the colorful lights were blinding.

"Breakers are set. Emergency generators are on standby." Steve walked in.

"Good, because if we blow the grid, I don't want to lose, uh, Tiny here in the 1950s." Bruce pressed a few buttons.

"Excuse me?" Scott said.

"He's kidding." Nat said. "You can't say things like that."

"It was just a bad joke."

"Hey, they weren't all bad." I told Scott handing him his helmet. He looked at me with confusion written all over his face. "You were kidding, right?" I asked Bruce in a hushed tone.

"I have no idea. We're talking about time travel here. Either it's all a joke or none of it is." He told me in the same tone. "We're good!" He turned back to Scott. "Get your helmet on. Scott, I'm gonna send you back a week...let you walk around for an hour, then bring you back in 10 seconds. Make sense?"

"Perfectly not confusing." Scott waved the question away.

"Good luck, Scott. You got this." Steve encouraged.

"You're right. I do, Captain America." He got sucked into the van.

"On a count of three...Three, two, one." He kept pressing buttons then Scott came back.

"Uh...Guys?" A little boy asked. "This doesn't feel right."

"What is this?" Steve asked.

"What's going on?"

"Who is that? Is that Scott?" I asked.

"Yes, it's Scott." The little boy said. Bruce kept pressing buttons until little Scott left and an old man came through the van.

"What's going on, Bruce?" Nat asked.

"Oh, my back!" The old man said.

"What is this?"

"Hold on a second. Could I get a little space here?" Bruce asked Steve as he walked over next to me and Nat.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Can you bring him back?"

"I'm working on it." He banged the screen and old man Scott left and was replaced with a baby.

"It's a baby." Steve and I said.

"It's Scott."

"As a baby."

"He'll grow."

"Bring Scott back."

"When I say kill the power, kill the power."

"Oh, my God." Nat went to the power box.

"And...kill it!"

Nat pulled the lever and Scott came through the van. The lights on the van died down.

"Somebody peed my pants." Was all he said. "But I don't know if it was baby me or old me. Or just me me."

"Time travel!" Bruce held his hands up. We all just looked at him. "What? I see this as an absolute win."

Nat and I sat down on the couch in another room.

"Do you think we could actually figure this out?" She asked.

"I don't know." I replied honestly.

***

I walked around the compound waiting for everyone to get back.

When Rocket and Bruce got back I didn't recognize the Thor standing in front of me.

He had shades on, his hair and beard were long, he was wearing sweats and had a beer in hand.

I watched as Bruce and Nebula were working on the suits for time travel.

"Time travel suit, not bad." Rhodey said.

"Hey, hey, hey! Easy! Easy!" Scott yelled at Bruce as he tried to insert the Pym Particles.

"No, you're being very Hulky."

"I'm being careful."

"These are Pym Particles, all right? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it. This is what we have. We're not making any more."

"Scott, calm down." Rhodey said.

"Sorry. We've got enough for one round-trip each. That's it. No do-overs. Plus two test runs."

Scott shrank then came back to regular size. "One test run. All right. I'm not ready for this."

"I'm game." Clint said leaning in the doorway. "I'll do it."

"Clint, now your gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift. Don't worry about that." We got Clint into the suit.

"Wait a second let me ask you something. If we can do this, you know...go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos? You know, and..." He made a choking gesture.

We all just stared at him.

"I'm sorry are you crazy."

"First off, that's horrible." Bruce and I said over top of each other.

"It's Thanos."

"And secondly, time doesn't work that way. Changing the past doesn't changes the future." Bruce told us.

"Look, we go back, we get the stones before Thanos gets them...Thanos doesn't have the stones. Problem solved."

We all nodded in agreement.

"Bingo." Clint said.

"That's not how it works." Nebula said.

"Well, that's what I heard." He told her.

"Wait, but who? Who told you that?" Bruce asked.

"Star Trek, Terminator, Timecop...Time After Time," Rhodey listened off movies and TV shows.

"Quantum Leap." Scott said.

"Wrinkle in Time, Somewhere in Time."

"Hot Tub Time Machine." Scott put in again.

"Hot Tub Time Machine." Rhodey agreed. "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Basically, any movie that deals with time travel."

"Die Hard. No, that's not one." Scott inputted.

"This is known."

"I don't know why everyone believes that, but that isn't true. Think about it. If you travel to the past...that past becomes your future...and your former present becomes the past...which can't now be changed by your new future." Bruce explained to us.

"Exactly." Nebulas agreed.

"So Back to the Future is a bunch of bullshit?" Scott asked.