Time For Some Science Shit

Nikita's POV

After everything settled we returned to the helicarrier and got antiquated.

The blonde haired man had been given a name: Thor.

We all sat at a table and watched Fury put Loki in his new cell. No words were spoken except for what Fury was saying. We all watched intently.

After a while Fury walked off the screen into our room.

"He really grows on you." Dr Banner said kind of nervously.

"Loki's going to drag this out." Cap said not even acknowledging Banner. "Thor, what's his play?"

We all looked at Thor for an answer. "He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard nor any world known." He continued. "He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return I suspect for the Tesseract."

"An army, from outer space?" Cap questioned.

"So, he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for." Banner informed us.

"Selvig?" Thor looked worried.

"He's an astrophysicist." Maria Hill informed.

"He's a friend." I got the feeling he knew Eric Selvig.

"Loki has him under some kind of spell," Natasha included. "Along with one of ours."

"I want to know why Loki let us take him." Cap chimed in as well. "He's not leading an army from here."

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki, that guys brain is a bag full of cats." Banner stated. "You can smell crazy on him."

"Have care how you speak." Thor defended. "Loki is beyond reason but he is of Asgard. And he is my brother."

"He killed 80 people in two days." I finally spoke. Natasha look over at me with a face that said 'your one to talk'.

"He's adopted." Thor claimed.

"I think it's about the mechanics. Iridium...what do they need the iridium for?" Just as Banner finished Tony Stark walked into the room with Agent Coulson.

"It's a stabilizing agent." He turned to talk to Coulson. "I'm just saying pick a weekend. I'll fly you to Portland. Keep love alive."

He then turned back to us. "It means the portal won't collapse on itself like it did at SHIELD." He walked up to Thor. "No hard feelings Point Break. You've got a mean swing." He patted Thor on his arm. "Also, it means the portal can open as wide and stay open as long, as Loki wants." He continued walking past Maria Hill and to Fury's circle of computers. "Raise the mizzenmast. Jib the topsails." He ordered to everyone.

They all stopped what they were doing and stared at him. "That man is playing Galaga." He pointed to his right. "Thought we wouldn't notice, but we did."

He looked down and held his left hand over his eye. "How does Fury even see these?"

"He turns." Answered Maria.

"Sounds exhausting."

I thought he would stop there and acknowledge the rest of us but he kept going. "The rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily." He started clicking the screens.

"Only major thing he still needs is a power source of high-energy density. Something to kick-start the Cube." He snapped his fingers.

"When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?" Maria asked.

"Last night," Tony replied. "The packet, Selvig's notes, the extraction theory papers. Am I the only one who did the reading?"

"Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?" Steve spoke up.

"He would have to heat the Cube to 120-million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier." Banner told us.

"Unless Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect." Tony argued. I had a feeling these two could argue for hours.

"Well, if he could do that, he could achieve heavy ion fusion at any reactor on the planet."

"Finally, someone who speaks English." Tony said.

"Is that what just happened?" Steve looked at me and I shrugged my shoulders.

It all just went in one ear and out the other for me. My science classes in Hydra were limited to human body functions and how to stop blood flow easily.

"I don't even think they know what their talking about, all I hear is science shit." I joked.

The two men shook hands. "It's good to meet you, Dr. Banner." Tony said. "Your work on anti-electron collisions is unparalleled. And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage-monster."

"Thanks." Banner said awkwardly.

Finally Fury walked in. "Dr. Banner is only here to track the Cube. I was hoping you might join him."

I would start with that stick of his, it may be magical, but it works an awful lot like a Hydra weapon." Steve pointed out.

I got very uncomfortable knowing Steve knew about Hydra.

"I don't know about that, but it is powered by the Cube. And I would like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys."

"Monkeys?" Thor looked confused. "I do not understand."

"I do." Steve looked up. "I understood that reference." I rolled my eyes and put my head in my hands. At least I didn't act like I was 100 years old.

"Shall we play, Doctor?" And with that Tony and Banner went to work.

"This way, sir."