Power Broker (3)

Bucky's POV

We got into another car and Sharon took us to her place in High Town.

When we walked in it looked like a club with the most expensive paintings in the world.

"Looks like breaking all those laws is treating you well." Sam said.

"I thought if I had to hustle, I might as well enjoy the life of a real hustler. You know how much I could get for a real Monet?" Sharon said.

"Deactivate your hustle mode. You sell fake Monets." Sam said.

"No. She means real. This gallery is specialized in stolen artwork. Monet. Van Gogh. Classics." Zemo cut in.

"It's true. You know, half the artwork in museums like the Louvre is fake." I told Sam. "Real stuff sits in places like this."

"Okay, guys, I see what you're doing. You're more worldly than good old Sam." He brought out his phone.

"Yeah. What's google say?" Nikita asked walking past him.

"No shit."

"Come on. You guys need to change. I'm hosting clients in an hour."

***

"Much better." Sharon said.

"Why do I have to wear this? I feel ridiculous." Nikita said following Sharon into the room.

"Well, at least now you don't look homeless." Sharon replied.

Nikita had an offended look on her face.

"What's going on, Sharon? You don't ever wanna come back home?" Sam asked.

She threw some clothes down on the couch next to me. I'm am not wearing anything she has.

"They'll lock me up if I step foot back in the States. Madripoor doesn't allow extradition." She said.

"Look, I'm sorry I didn't call, but after The Blip and the chaos, I just..." Sharon cut Sam off.

"Look, you know the whole hero thing is a joke, right? I mean the way you gave up that shield, deep down, you must know it's all hypocrisy."

"He knows. And not so deep down." Zemo cut into their conversation.

"By the way, how is the new Cap?"

"Don't get me started." I said.

"Please. You buy into all that stars and stripes bullshit. Before you were his pet psychopath, you were Mr. America! Cap's best friend." Sharon said sitting down next to me laughing.

"Wow, She's kind of awful now." I said.

"Karli Morgenthau and at least seven others have taken the serum." Sam said.

"You guys really should steer clear of all of this for your own safety." Sharon said.

"Thanks so much for caring." Nikita said in a fake thankful voice.

"You know, Nikita? I forgot how much of a bitch you are." Nikita just smiled just smiled at Sharon's insult.

"Well, at least I'm not the criminal."

"Not any more." Sharon muttered.

"We know it's a risk, but we won't leave until we find the one who cracked the code." Sam stopped Nikita from saying anymore by changing the subject back to the serum.

"We got a name. Wilfred Nagel." I told Sharon.

"Nagel works for the Power Broker." Sharon got up.