Conflagration & Condensation

Ron felt curious. Yes, Blaise may have given Hermione, Harry, Draco, Pansy and himself the grand tour when they all moved in two months ago, but the enormous house proved to be too  grand. Ron soon figured out that Blaise had only shown them about one third of his house, leaving Ron to explore its vast square footage in his spare time. Having just sent Draco and Harry, as well as half of Delta team with them, and Hermione and Pansy on another undesclosed mission, though Ron was albiet jealous Blaise had sent the others on missions, he didn't care, for Blaise was somewhere in the house he was currently exploring. Ron just had to find out where.

Ron's POV

I walked towards the elevator I knew led to the garage basement where my bright red McLaren was parked, as well as Blaise's weaponry and pressed the button going down. The past few days whilst not at work, I've completed exploring the entirety of the top floor. Though it didn't look it from the outside, the house actually had seven floors somehow. The third floor on which the living room, kitchen and entrance hall stood. On the fourth floor was a pajama lounge, Draco and Harry, Hermione and Pansy's bedrooms, as well as three other guest bedrooms. Each bedroom had a bathroom of its own. On the fifth floor was a smaller kitchen, Blaise's room, my room and Dobby's room. The sixth floor, technically the roof, had an astoundingly beautiful infinity pool, bar, pool table, sauna and lounging area. Riding down the elevator on the second floor was the weaponry, which Blaise explained to me had an entire floor to itself in preparation for expansion. With a few, extra additional rooms that he either forgot to tell me about or wants me to find out for myself. And on the bottom floor, was the car garage.

I pressed the button labeled 2  and my stomach fluttered. I didn't know why trekking around the house, finding new nooks and crannies from time to time made me so excited. My only fear was that I'd accidentally stumble into something Blaise didn't want me to see, and he'd get angry. But I knew him. My Dom wouldn't get angry at me for a mistake like that.

The elevator dinged and I grinned, stepping out. I was immediately met with a brief gust of wind and a chirp. Blaise's eagle, Sin, perched on my shoulder, his talons tickling me. I giggled, which doesn't happen often, but in little space, I couldn't help it. The eagle pecked at my hair affectionately and we continued our adventure. I walked through the warmly lit, wooden paneled hallway and cocked an eyebrow, frowning. The large metal door to the weaponry was wide open, as if beckoning me to go through. It was never  open.

Fear slowly settled into my chest as I walked in. But I must have been overreacting for Sin didn't react to the open door at all. Figuring that Blaise or Dobby must have opened it (yes, the eleven year old is allowed access to highly fatel weapons) I calmed down a little and walked in further. This time, panic washed over me like a wave. Blaise's flame thrower wasn't in its glass case in the center of the room of artillery.

What if it had been stolen? There couldn't possibly be an intruder, could there?

I looked around frantically and gasped when my eyes met the wall to my right. I was so focused on the empty glass case, I hadn't noticed the door shaped hole in between the shelves of ammunition. Had there always been a door there?

Sin chirped and leapt off my shoulder, flying through the opening. Reluctant, albeit anxious, I followed him into a dark, wooden hallway. You know, for being an arsonist, Blaise's house is made almost entirely out of wood. An odd thing when you think about it.

The light from the weaponry was slowly being taken over by the darkness of the hallway and I gulped, heavily relying on the constant beating of the eagle's wings to guide me. Suddenly, my foot dipped down a platform and I yelped, clutching my heart which had momentarily disappeared. Sin made more chirping noises and I scowled in the darkness, guessing that he was laughing at me.