Chapter 46

Chapter 46 

---------------------- 

Morrigan sat in the kitchen as her aids were busy bustling about and stared at the fate map in her hands. They clot was becoming blacker and blacker and resembled that of a sore. 

She sat in front of Drake who sat in front of her, his head resting on his hand. 

"What is the matter?" 

"Complications. Minor complications my friend." 

"What does that mean?" 

Before she could answer a chill filled the room and he could feel a ghostly hand grasp her shoulder. She tried to turn her head, but her ghostly visitor wouldn't allow her to. 

She could feel the phantasm seize control of her body. 

With her eyes, she watched her own hands reach for a knife sitting on the counter. 

"Look." 

It was her voice, but then again it wasn't. The change was so sudden she could feel the powerful presence of the phantasm squeezing the breath out of her lungs. 

"Look and you will find your answers." 

As skeptical as ever, Drake hesitated before taking the knife and looking at his reflection. 

That was all that it took. 

A flash of light, streaked through his eyes, seemingly electrifying his pupils so that they glowed for a brief point in time. He took a sharp intake of breath and exhaled. Then after a few slow blinks, he turned a familiar icy stare at her.

She could slowly feel the pressure escape from her body and increase in the aura of the one sitting before her. 

It was the phantasm of her dreams. 

"How does it feel to be back inside of your body?" 

"Strange." 

"May, I ask you a question?" 

"You may." 

"Why is it that you have been separated from your body? Aren't you the same thing?"

"We are not. In the beginning, the carcass we called our home was thrown into the fire dead. We were not born of the fire, as were the others that perished and were reborn again. We were welcomed by the fire, not created in it." 

"So what are you?" 

"I am not. He is not. We are nothing without the other." 

"How did you get separated." 

"Her." 

A sudden sadness filled his eyes and she was surprised at the sudden feeling, that had escaped his cold exterior. 

"She left us. She was gone. It was too much for both body and soul to handle. Body chose to die, spirit chose to live." 

"But what is your purpose?" 

"To mend what has been separated. Light and darkness can not exist together. But in twilight, where neither dark or light rules the sky, shall there be peace."

"Light and dark? You mean Humans and the Vampires?"

He didn't answer. There wasn't time. 

In walked another ghostly figure. But this time he was more flesh than specter.  

He held Phillip by the arm in one hand and a pistol in the other. Men surrounded him and they had guns also. 

She stood to her feet and glances at her companion, who said nothing.