Chapter 60

Chapter 60 

------------------------ 

She would lift the blade and bring it down again and each time the movements became easier and easier. She was surprised at the way Lewis bore the weight of the blows. Even though she had no idea what she was doing, the blade she carried could crush Lewis into a pulp if he was a normal person.

"You're holding it wrong."

Each time metal clashed against metal, Lewis would tell her how to properly hold the sword, or how to attack it with him. Truthfully, she grew more and more ticked by the minute.

"Sit still!"

As if to mock her, he slashed the back if her shirt. Twirling her around so quickly she almost keeled over.

"That's it!"

In her anger she lunged at him, quickly raising the sword and brining it down on the blade in his left hand. He seemed surprised at the quickness of her movement and was barely able to block the blow.

She noticed his stumble and saw an opening. With great effort, and amazing luck, she managed to get within his fighting range without him noticing.

He gasped, shocked, and twisted out of her way.

"Ha!" 

With new found zeal, she countered him. Now she could see his openings. Dodging the heavy movements of the sword, was harder for him than she had thought. It caused such sudden movements that he wasn't able to recover in order to defend himself in time.

However she tired out by the time she could use this to her advantage. 

Lewis seemed overjoyed for some reason and filched a sword off the nearest person.

Onyx took her sword back and it buzzed in delight. Isabella looked on in envy as Onyx carried the sword back with her as if it were a stick.

Nathaniel handed her his sword (a normal looking thing) and she took it from him with more force than was necessary. 

Compared to Onyx's sword it was as light as a feather. She even twirled it about, causing her brother to laugh.

"Getting big headed are we?"

"Shut-up!"

They came together at the sword. The clash of iron startled her. Lewis's movements were much different now that try had similar weapons.

He slashed at her unrelenting. Even though he hadn't hurt her physically, the chuckled from the crowd hurt her pride.

"For someone who doesn't like violence you sure are coming at me."

"I'm mad at you right now."

"Good!"

He turned the sword to the dull side and smacked her on her behind, startling her.

She glared at him slicing through the air at him as if he were an enemy. She actually wanted to hurt him at this point. In fact if she did manage to cut him, she'd probably feel greatly satisfied.

The thought scared her.

Without noticing it, she overstepped the boundaries and she could feel the cool metal of the blade grind against her cheek. It surprised her. If it had been wet with Holy water, it would have cut her face.

So, as any sane person would do, she stabbed him. Everyone let out audible noises of surprise. She had got him in the shoulder; a straight through and through. She stared wide eyed as blood darkened his shirt and she immediately let go of the weapon.