Chapter 11

So I was gonna think of a rhyme....probably something involving the word heaven. Then I thought about the complexity of the idea. Thus, here's plain chapter 11.

--------------------------------------------------

"Oh my God this is crazy!"

A huge black ship, with lavender sails, swam swiftly through the sea of clouds over looking the port .

Lewis, hung dangerously from the crow's nest marveling at the sight below.

"Look, Isabella! They are like ants; Sembrano tutti così piccoli !"

Isabella gagged.

"Grazie. I'm sure they do."

She clung to the dark, black wood with a white-knuckled grip. As she stared down at the rolling city before her.

She was on the pirate ship, La Noir

Captain Onyx de la Fluer, steered the ship wildly; the heavy wind whipping the tails of her coat about her. She had, equally, both a sinister and luxurious air about her.

"Oh come now Lass...you act as if you've never been on a ship before."

Isabella, snapped her head around to look at the Captain with utter disbelief.

"I've never been on a flying ship!!"

The Captain just laughed, and turned the wheel sharply to the left. It took all Isabella had to keep from falling over board.

I mean, even a Snake-woman such as herself could hurt something, by falling from 300 feet in the air (probably more!)

The morning had started off pretty normally.

Her father, had woken her and her brother up bright and early, and told them his good byes. It had been a strange affair, seeing that her Father seemed almost in tears.

Her remaing brothers had come from God knows where, to say their goodbyes, and her mother nearly cried her eyes out. Quite literally.

Even Her father's Second, whom they had not seen since the dethroning speech, showed up and wished the siblings the best of luck.

Yep, things had been going smoothly, and Isabella was successfully resisting the urge to cry.

When, they arrived at port, they were greeted by Captain Onyx and First Mate Farley, who escorted them to the magnificent vessel called La Noir.

They were sailing happily away, on a calm blue sea.

She looks away for a moment, and now their sailing through the air, propelled by some magic wind that never ceases. The beautiful Captain steered her boat with the ease of her occupation, and Lewis flipped all about the riggings and sails, excited by the views and the heights.

Isabella merely panicked, as was sane and sensible.

Lewis appeared beside her.

"Sorella? Are you ill?"

"No, no I'm fine."

"Then, why are you huddled against the deck?"

Isabella just realized that she was in a sort of hunched position, the panic shaking her body.

"Um...Well...I don't like heights. And I definitely don't like riding in flying ships!"

She said making sure her voice was carried to the ears of the Captain.

Onyx merely smiled, and continued steering the ship.

Lewis sat down at her side, and she immediately sat up and pressed her back against him, propping herself up.