Chapter 68

Chapter 68 

( I'll have to edit this later. Typed it kinda fast) 

-------------------- 

The young girl told him many things. But he sensed she was only answering his questions so that he would leave her alone.

"That wound's getting nasty."

"I've noticed."

"The Doc says that if you drink blood it will heal."

"Probably."

"Why don't you do it then?"

"Why do you care so suddenly? You're not exactly on my list of favorite people so I suggest you cut the idle chit chat and tell me what you want."

Carnage raised his eyebrows and smiled.

"That's the most you have said to me all day. You're a pretty girl."

Isabella clamped her mouth shut and retreated further into the cage. 

He unlocked the latch and opened the cage door, stooping down to fit his tremendous girth inside her tiny entrapment.

"How old are you?"

She wouldn't answer.

"Given the way you talk back to me it's obvious you're old enough."

She sneered unconsciously and further retreated into her cage. She only stopped when her back was against the bars. 

He crouched down until he loomed over her. She had no idea how huge this man actually was, but every hit of him seemed to be muscle and she wondered why he wasn't a wrestler instead of a Captain.

"Do I frighten you?"

He took her chin in his hand and lifted up her face forcing her to look up at him.

"No."

"Then why are yet eyes closed?"

"I can't stand the sight of your face."

He slapped her then. Not as hard as he did Onyx but enough to make her blink a couple of times in surprise.

"Cheeky Putinha aren't you?"

This time he brought his other hand around to cradle her face and practically puller her up closer to his face.

"I wonder what you'd do if I kissed you..."

"Bite off your tongue."

"Who said anything about a tongue?"

He brought his face closer to hers and she cringed at the thought of kissing him. But his grasp on her was too strong to break free.

"Oi! How come every time I come down here, you have somebody dangling above the floor? Put her down and get up here!"

Slate had cursed under his breath before going back up the stairs and slamming the door.

Carnage clicked his teeth in irritation and released Isabella who plummeted to the floor.

"Seems like I'm needed upstairs. See you in a bit gatinha."

Isabella breathed a sigh of relief as he locked her back in her cage and ascended the stairs.

Seriously she didn't want getting kissed by strangers to become a habit. 

**************************** 

Upstairs were two new arrivals. A man who called himself Steven and a young boy whose name was Pete.