Chapter 20

Chapter 20

I've got 500+ reads now and I am very happy about it. Thank you.

----------------------------------------

You know how when you come from a big family, there is always the odd one out? Everybody knows how to fight, how to do smithery, how to ride, how to do magic. Except for that one.

Well that basically sums up the Life of Isabella.

She just couldn't seem to get the grasp of things as quickly as Lewis or her other siblings did.

So it was no surprise that she ended up falling down the magical winding stairs.

Vane had asked her to watch her step, she turned to hear him better and one foot stepped wrong, and down she went.

Thank God they weren't that far from the deck that was full of pirates.

Isabella tumbled down until she crashed into the awaiting arms of a monstrous man who was covered

in gold jewelry.

"Whoa there lass. How'd ya find yet way down here?"

He turned and pointed to Vane who gracefully descended to the deck, the stairs ascending after him.

"Are you alright highness?"

"Highness?"

The giant said string at the small, rumpled figure that he held in his arms.

"You a queen?"

She smiled.

"No silly. Nothing like that."

"She is the princess of the Snake-man kingdom."

Nathaniel said, taking Isabella from the kind giant.

"No shit? Like them leeches that Onyx tells me about?"

At the sound of the name, Isabella remembered her purpose for being here.

"onyx! Where is she? I must find her and save my brother!"

Before the giant could answer, out walked a tall man, with reddish skin and a silver ring through his nose. After him came another equally tall gentleman with piercing blue eyes and a cold irritated expression on his face. Last came the Captain herself.

Without really thinking about it, Isabella ran up to the woman and threw her arms around her waist.

"Princess? I thought I told you to stay in the ship?"

The blue-eyed man, separated them an stared at Isabella.

"Onyx is this the reason you need the permit?"

He asked, never taking his eyes off of Isabella.

"That is none of your concern. Rise Lassies, come princess."

Onyx took Isabella by the hand and guided her back to the little spot that Farley, the Amber girl and Lily were sitting.

"No captain! We must go now!"

"Why is that child?"

"The hunters attacked the ship and Lewis helped me escape."

"Lewis?....wait a minute, is he still on the ship."

The Captain was answered in silence.

It was then that they were aware of the boat load of pirate that surrounded them.

Not only was a snake-man's head worth the price of 3 small houses in the underground, but one with a pretty face would be a real cash in for some sick, old pervert somewhere in the world.

Isabella clinged to the back of Onyx's coat.

Onyx turned to who could only be the Reaper Captain.

"Jonathan, I have to go."

"And the permit?"

"Stuff it up yer ass, boy."

After the incantation was said, the small crew began to ascended..

There was whispering amongst the crowd.

"Is that one of them bloodsuckers then?"

"Aye, that she be mates."

"Mighty funny isn't it?"

"What?"

"The dragoness was so keen on gettin that permit, now she tells him to stuff it?"

"Hold on a damn minute...."

The latter was Carnage, one of the pirate lords. He ran back into the cabin and cursed loudly.

"God in fuckin heaven, that bitch stole the permit."

It only took a second for them to react.

The tiny female crew, ran up the stairs as shots were fired after them.

Onyx picked up Isabella with surprising strength and

took the steps two by two.

"Onyx! What about Nathaniel?"

Onyx turned back for and instance and saw the smiling face of Nathaniel Vane waving at her.

He gave her a thumbs up as he patted the meaty arm of Babylon who was hollering after them.

"Don't worry child. We'll be seein him real soon.

----------------------------------------

WEEEEELLLLL!

The plot thickens!

P.s. was it just me or does this chapter seem a bit short?