Chapter 40

Chapter 40 

-------------------------------------------------- 

"Fish people! I can see the Fish people!"

Lily excitedly pointed out over the side of the ship waving franticly at the Merfolk below.

It was the next morning and everyone aboard the ship seemed to be bright and happy. Especially the Captain.

"Say...Isabel?" 

"Isabella." 

"Whatever. What say you has got our captain so chipper?" 

"I don't know. Isn't she usually this happy?" 

"Hmm..."

Farley stroked her pudgy chin and puzzled at the sudden uplifting spirit of the Captain.

"Oh well! Hey you ever seen a mermaid?" 

"No." 

"Well this is yer lucky day Princess."

The walked over the side and Isabella gasped as she saw the Merfolk swimming alongside the ship.

There were about ten of them. Each one looked to be about eight feet long and the females were adorned in shining shells and pearls. 

All along side them flanked a number of sharks who seemed to form a barrier around the ship.

"Yo, Captain! The Fishes are here!"

Onyx turned towards all the commotion and looked over the side of the ship where everybody else was looking.

A Mermaid, who seemed slightly larger than her companions and who was Flanked on either side by two gigantic Great Whites, waved up at her.

"Assyria?" 

"Onyx!" 

Without further hesitation, the Captain loosened the belt holding her sword, kicked off her boots and with amazing agility. Dived off side.

Farley almost jumped out of her skin. 

"Good Lord! Weigh the bloody Anchor!"

"We are going to fast Farley." 

One of the crew said. 

"Then fly her half sail and slow her down!"

The Crew member did as she was told and relayed the command to the others.

"Aren't they beautiful?" 

Lily appeared beside Isabella, with Amber standing beside her. 

"Yes. They are very lovely." 

"I wish I was a mermaid. Then I could be beautiful too."

Isabella stared at the blonde haired, fair skinned, vixen. That was sighing enviously as she stared at the overly decorated mermaids.

"Lily. You say that again and I'll shoot you."

"Why are you all standing here?" 

The four women turned to see Lewis walking up to them. 

"There are mermaids down there!" 

Lily repeated excitedly. 

"Where is the Captain?" 

"She's down there too." 

"What?" 

******************************************************