Chapter 32

Chapter 32

------------------------------------------------

"You look a damned mess."

Vane put away the needle and thread and motioned for Onyx to put her clothes back on.

"You're not exactly beautiful...."

She answered smiling as she slid painfully off of the wooden table and into a pair of men's trousers.

"How many times is this?"

"what?"

"How many time have I sown you up like this?"

"I lost count."

"You are lucky. You've died twice and lived to tell the tale."

Onyx, shrugged and looked at her self through the looking glass on the wall.

She looked very much the same, save a few bruises here and there. Not to mention her chest was a mess of string and what ever else Nathaniel could find.

"You're loosing your touch."

She said and she picked at a loose string.

"I'm old. Stop playing with that and sit down."

"Vane, why are you here?"

He furrowed his brows and looked at her. Surprised by the sudden question.

"I'm here to help you."

"Why?"

"You don't trust me?"

She had never trusted Vane, no one in their right mind would. Although there was no doubt in her mind that he did indeed hate his former Captain, she still felt that he had some ulterior motive to joining them on this journey.

"I trust you. The problem is I have no Idea what you're thinking."

"What does the lion think as it stalks its prey?"

"...Food?"

"Exactly."

The Captain, fully clothed now, limped slightly to the door and opened it to find the returning mates bickering amongst each other.

"Don't you ever do that again! Gave me a god damn fright, goin over, and in nothin more than your lady's wear!"

Farley was reprimanding the princess, while the two carried the unconscious body of Lewis. On the other side was Arsham and some of his crew mates fussing over his wrist that hung listlessly in the air.

"What is going on?"

All went silent and all eyes were on her immediately.

"Captain!"

Farley scuttled over to her heaving both the boy and the Princess with her.

"Ya look bad."

"Thanks. I'm feeling fine. What is wrong with him?"

Isabella turned his head and revealed the large wound that was on his neck.

"Nathaniel!"

The mentioned man appeared, wiping the blood off if his hands on a rag. "What?"

The Captain pointed at Lewis, and Nathaniel rolled his eyes.

"Jesus Christ...these people..."

He took Lewis from his sister and hoisted him on his shoulder.

He turned to go, but halted. He turned back around and walked up to the princess and took her face in his hand, turning it from side to side. Then he bent down and whispered in her ear.