Chapter 72

Chapter 72

-----------------------------------------------------

"Mother did you know about this?"

Carmen held her hands as if in defense.

"How old do you think I am?"

Fern chuckled and with a gnarled finger reached down and pulled Isabella away from the others. He lifted her up by the back of her shirt. He dropped her into the palm of his other hand and smiled at her.

"Listen little one isn't there something you want to ask me?"

"Ask you...Oh, our brother has killed our father and has taken over the role as Dominion. Before he died, Father appointed The Eighth as rightful heir."

"And the problem is that you have found The Eighth in the form of young Drake here."

"Yes. Nathaniel...Um...Grandfather said that it's because his body and mind are separated."

"What a complicated situation. Oh well nothing that can't be fixed."

Fern summoned Drake forward and touched a finger to his forehead.

"All we need is for the body to remember the mind."

****************************************

Everything was dark; He could hear the sounds of toads and animals all around him. He was laying on something hard and he felt something cool touch his face.

"Wake up my love."

What?

His eyes snapped open and he stared up a more mature version of Isabella. They were exactly the same except that this one wasn't as pale and she was pregnant. Yep, you heard right.

He jump and backed away from her. They were sitting on the grassy bank of a lake right beneath a waterfall. The pale light of the moon illuminated her making her pretty face pop out from the rest of her body.

"What's wrong?"

She said, placing a hand on her protruding stomach and laughing.

"Who the hell are you?"

"Your wife, at least I think I'm your wife."

"How could you not know something like that in your condition?"

Drake stood up practically in a panic, not knowing where he was and creeped out by how similar this woman was to Isabella. She chuckled and laboriously tried to stand up. He instinctively ran up to her and helped her up. She smiled broadly up at him.

"How sweet, what I mean to say is you look a lot like my husband except for those strange clothes."

This coming from the woman wearing little to nothing.

"Oh, look at that. We have a visitor."

Another woman emerged from the brush. She was equally as beautiful and almost as tall as he was.

"Cousin where is your husband?"

She looked up at Drake and the latter just shrugged. It seemed that this Isabella look-alike was the only one who could see him.

"He is with my father. Why have you come here Оган крин?"

Drake watched the strange woman approach them with the air of a predatory cat. A flash of lightning cracked in the sky and the scene before him quickly changed. Rain fell from out of nowhere and he could feel the air around him turn cold. His heart quickened and he was finding it increasingly hard to breathe. He could feel an alarmingly lethal killing intent in the atmosphere and it was coming from the one called Оган крин.