Chapter 23

Chapter 23.

----------------------------------------------------------

It was morning again in Malgosia and Isabella saw a whole other side of the island.

The morning was bright and sunny and not a soul walked about in the small Village.

The lanterns that guided the ships to the docks were gone and the only thing that remained was the sparkling waves that crashed against the docks. Further out bobbed the pirate ships.

"Well will ya look at that Captain? They've let the ships loose."

Farley put a hand through her hair and sighed.

The whole crew of pirates behind her grumbled.

"We could swim!"

Suggested Lily, who was happily following Babylon in the procession.

Babs patted her on the head.

"Good try, but we won't be able to swim with all these supplies; it's much too far for that."

"He's right, besides the only hope of getting the ship would be to board a

longboat and I bet the Reaper Man has taken care of those already."

Farley said, staring at the bobbing black ship that was La Noir.

Everybody stared at the Captain as she stared out over the water. She didn't move and she didn't say a word.

Isabella tugged at her sleeve and Onyx came to life again and stared down at her.

"What are we going to do Onyx?"

The Captain smiled and reached down to take the permit out of her boot, and surprisingly handed it to Isabella.

"Princess, we aren't doing anything, I want you to hold on to this for me."

Isabella took it, slightly confused.

The Captain turned towards the rest of the crew.

"Babs?"

"Aye Captain?"

"Is your crew still loyal to ya?"

"As loyal as a priest is to God."

"Good. I'm putting Farley in charge for right now. Vane is second in command."

"What is all this for Captain?"

One of the girl's asked.

"I'll be getting you all a ship. Farley, escort the crew to the other side of the island."

"Why?"

"That's were the Scythe'll be woman. I'll bring ya a ship equipped with longboats and all. Princess, when I see you there you'll be givin the permit back to me."

Nathaniel walked up to her abhand to his temple.

"Let me get this straight. You want to go back to the Reaper pirates?"

"Aye."

"And you want to Steal their ship?"

"Aye."

"Even though you know the Capatain is out to kill you and possibly all of us as well ?"

"Aye."

He shrugged.

"Alright then, let's hop to it!"

Once again everyone was on the move. The crew went one way and The Captain another.

Isabella was about to follow Farley, when someone grabbed her arm. It was Lily.

"What's wrong lily?"

She asked as the young woman looked about fearfully.

"I can't find Amber any where, she was just with me and now she's gone."

Isabella smiled,

"I'm sure we'll find her. She had to be somewhere close by."

Yes. Much closer than you'd think.

-------------------------------------------