Chapter 18

Chapter 18

New chapter update. Enjoy!

----------------------------------------

"When witches sail, on stormy seas.

And the birds of prey fly high!

I'll have his heart and he'll have mine

Then I know that I will die!"

On the silent wind that flowed through the cave was the shrill voices of women singing a melancholy tune.

"When air is blood, when pain is love,

I'll hide amongst the bells!

Be-ware, Be-ware, Beware!

The sounding of the Knell."

Onyx turned toward the sound her red eyes ablaze. There was a great deal of tension on the front deck of the Scythe.

4 pirates had come from the Captain's Cabin all dejected and furious.

It was obvious their favors didn't please the Reaper Captain.

Farley sat stood next to the girls who were sitting quietly on the deck.

Amber, stared solidly at her captain and lily dozed off, resting her head on her friends shoulder.

Onyx, looked about the ship.

Those who were brave enough to hold her gaze, stared at her with a mixture of curiosity, confusion, and hunger.

The latter made her skin crawl.

The sword on her hip hummed slightly anxious to taste the blood of anyone that dared to touch her.

Onyx smiled.

"Captain?"

Onyx turned to Farley who was staring at her with a worried expression on her face.

"What is it Farley?"

"What will you be planning to give to the Reaper man?"

"I don't know yet."

" For the love of--Captain how could ya get here with out a bloomin plan?!"

"Calm down. I know I have something he wants."

"Hey, you better not be thinkin what I think yer thinkin.."

Onyx smiled again and rand a finger over the smooth silver hilt of the living sword.

She could almost hear it purr.

At that moment the door of the captain's cabin slammed open and the hulking figure of Babylon stooped out, narrowly avoiding hitting his head on the door frame.

Babylon was a big man, with skin the same color as Onyx, I not a couple of shades darker. He never wore a shirt and instead opted to wear dazzling gold jewelry that hung from his neck and from the numerous piercings in his ears. He had a handsome face, but a personality so fierce it mad e him ugly. He was the only one, besides the reaper that liked to talk to Onyx directly.

"Hello Lass. Still captain?"

"Aye, Babs. Everything is grand."

He smiled at her, his perfect rows of white teeth gleaming over the shiny gold around his neck.

"Come her girl and hug me."

Without hesitating he scooped her up int his arms and gave her the tightest bear hug he could. When he put her down she was breathless.

"So you missed me then?"

"Like a mermaid misses the sea. I came out here to tell ya that you're up."

"Alright."

"But the man'd be wantin u to go in alone."

As he said the last bit, his otherwise hardened face softened to mimic the one Farley had shown her earlier.

She took one of his large, rock like hands in hers and kissed the palm.

"Come with me to the new land . I have a proposition for ya."

"Lass... You know I can't...."

She put a finger to his lips and hushed him.

"See me later at the docks Babs."

Before he could protest the last pirate captain before her came out.

He wore the same mask as his fellows.

The Pirate lords stepped out of the Cabin door and walked back onto the deck.

Babylon gestured towards the door.

With the entire group of passengers watching her, she gracefully entered the Captain's Cabin, closing the door with a slight click.

As soon as she was gone the people left behind began to breath again. The tension was replaced with some thing new. Something predetermined.

*********************************************

Oh gods of thunder, gods of ice

Cut me open, split me twice.

Save my head, and throw out the body

Never shall it roam.

Place my true foundation home.

leave that blessed cradle Alone

Spike the crown upon a sail

Impale my pleasant dreams!

Hail him , hail him , hail him! Blesséd be the king!

-----------------------------------------

Okay, so those random verses at the beginning and the end were songs.

If u have ever read Macbeth, the people that keep singing on the wind are similar to the three witches.

They're gonna pop up every now and again to move the story along.