Chapter 62

Chapter 62 

-----------------------------

They had been sitting in agonizing silence and as an hour loomed, Onyx was beginning to lose her patience.

"For Christ's sake, get on with it!"

"I'm sorry!"

"Don't be sorry, just talk."

"Alright, but you have to promise me a few things first."

With and exasperated sight, Onyx nodded her head.

"Promise you won't hate me forever, and that if you feel the need to kill me, don't run me through. Just throw me over board or something."

"Why would I want to kill you?"

"I've been lying to you."

"I won't kill you for something like that."

"I'm a Hunter."

Onyx, stopped speaking and immediately the red of her eyes inflamed at the name of that damned group. Amber had never seen Onyx loose control, well save a few particular moments, and she wasn't keen on seeing it happen now.

"Well I was Hunter. I don't give a damn about them now. I was the one who arranged the attack on Lily so that I could get in her good graces, and meet you."

That's how they met you know, Amber and Lily.

"You..."

"Wait, there's more. I had been telling the Hunters our movements, but I stopped at Boston, and I am responsible for the Malgosia attack and the lot that sank your ship and nearly killed Lewis. I am-I was- their superior."

Onyx was too shocked-too angry-to say anything, and Amber could feel the room shrink smaller and smaller every time she breathed.

"I swear to God, I've changed. I am not a hunter anymore."

"You used me."

"I wouldn't say used...."

Without hesitation Onyx jumped up from her seat and grabbed Amber by the collar of her shirt.

"Captain!"

"Don't you dare call me that!"

She slammed her boot into the door and it flung open, breaking the catch and nearly flying of it's hinges. 

She threw Amber to the deck and took out her pistol.

She shot at the girl, not carting if she damaged her deck. Amber struggled out of the way of the shots, but it was obvious that Onyx wasn't trying to land anything.

"You scurvy dog! I'll kill ya, I swear to God I will. Someone bring me the goddamn cat!"

Everybody froze, not exactly sure what the heck was goin on. 

In a fit of rage most unbecoming, Onyx unsheathed her sword.

"Now dammit!"

A crew member ran up to her holding what looked like a whip. It was a mess of braised cords, separated into nine strands all connecting at the base. It looked quite harmless, it was something that Isabella had never seen before. She ran her fingers through it spacing each cord out one by one.

At the sight of it Amber panicked and her eyes widened in fear. Onyx had always been an imposing figure, but now (to the much smaller woman, she seemed monstrous. Her eyes were now those of demons and those pearly white teeth barred down at her like a sharks. She could feel the killing aura radiate from her body.