Chapter 26

Chapter 26

--------------------------------------------

A shot rang out, but not from the gun that the Reaper was holding. Imagine the irony of dying by your own gun.

Both Onyx and the Reaper man looked up at the ceiling. There was a great commotion going on up deck and the Reaper rolled his eyes.

"Give me the Key girl."

"What key?"

He shot her in the thigh, and she cried out as the bullet bit into her flesh.

"Christ! Since when have you been able to shoot like that?"

He came up to the cell door.

"The Key?"

She sucked get teeth and reached into the cleavage of her breast and produced a key.

He took it from her and smiled.

"Well, if I knew it was there I would've taken it myself."

"Piss of ya Jackarse."

He holstered get gun and made off up the stairs to see what was going on.

*************************

Since she was no longer in a panic she found it much easier to loosen the ropes that bound her ankles.

She looked through the cell door at her sword that was still leaning up against the chair.

She grabbed hold of the bar and pulled her self up cursing at the pain in her thigh.

She heard a harsh hissing noise come from her weapon.

"Well if you were that pissed about it why didn't you run him through?"

As if to answer her question the sword rocked itself back and forth in an effort to tell her it's movements were limited.

"Well no matter, we'll get the chance to run him through later."

This time the sword hummed as was its usual fashion.

"Oh right. I have to get out of here first."

As if on Queue, Who should come running down the stairs but Alexandria, now playing the role of Amber.

"Captain!"

Onyx stared wide-eyed as the girl took a key off the wall and began to open the lock.

"Where the hell were ya girl? Glad to see ya!"

Onyx said as she scooped Amber up into a tight bear hug.

The girl seemed dazed when Onyx let her go.

"Cat got yer tongue?"

Amber blinked and smiled at the Captain. Then she looked down at her leg.

"Captain...you've been shot."

Onyx reached walked over to her sword and placed it in it's sheath, where it hummed happily.

"Just a Flesh wound. Let's get up on the deck Lass, I bet the Reaper Man is highly sore at me."

A devilish glow radiated from her smile as she ascended the stairs. She took em two by two, despite the wound in her thigh.

Amber followed quickly behind her.

*************

The Sight was pure chaos.

Up on the quarter deck, was the sword fights. On the poop deck was a mixture of hand to hand combat and gunfire. All in all, ass was getting kicked.

"Farley? Farley?!"

"Over here Captain!"

Farley ran her sword through the neck of a red-headed Reaper pirate, and bounded across the deck towards Onyx and Amber.

"Well what kept ya?"

"Nathaniel and Babylon kept arguin' on the quickest route to get here and we ended up gin the long way."

"And the princess?"

"She's with Lily, and surprisingly holding her own."

Amongst the confusion stood Lily and Isabella back to back. Whilst Lily fended of the enemy Pirates with her sword, the princess took out further targets with a military Rifle.

"I didn't know the girl could shoot."

"Me Neither. Behind you Captain!"

With frightening speed, Onyx grabbed the hilt of her sword and practically threw the weapon over Amber's head and into the chest of an on coming enemy.

"Amber, go assist the Princess! Farely how long before the vessel's ours?"

"I can't say. None of the surviving Reaper pirates have backed down, not since the Captain got up in deck."

Farley pointed back at the quarterdeck where the Reaper Captain was exchanging swords with Arsham and a couple of her girls.

"Farley, get ready to take over, I've got a bone to pick with that bastard."

"Are ya gonna kill him Captain?"

Amber asked as she prepared to help the princess.

"Of course lass! He has my gun!"