Chapter 37

Chapter 37 

--------------------------------------------- 

"Good Lord Lass! What kind of Leech can't even climb a bloody tree?!"

Isabella, managed to get stuck halfway up an orange tree, being too woozy to continue on. Farley yelling out insults wasn't helping either. 

"I can climb it! I just don't feel to good..." 

"Bullshit! We only got one crate of oranges and we need two. Quite being daft and climb higher. Just knock down the ones higher up."

Isabella sighed, and reached up to shake the limb that was before her. 

She couldn't quite reach it and stepped on a branch, so that she could hoist herself up higher. There was a sharp crack, and before she knew it, the branch below her gave way before she even had time to grab the other. 

She fell to the ground as she tried o grab onto a branch to break her fall. 

But nothing ever seemed to hold. 

She covered her eyes as she prepare for impact. 

But somehow she fell short. 

She landed, hard, into the arms of none other than Babylon. 

He smiled down at her, and he place her on her feet. 

"Will ya be making this a habit Princess? I don't mind catching a falling lass out of the sky, but your gonna kill me one day." 

He laughed as she pouted and he patted her on the head. 

He picked up the large pieces of firewood he had discarded in order to catch her and went about his business.

Farley walked up beside her and picked leaves out of her hair. 

"You alright?" 

"Yes, I'm fine." 

Farley then preceded to grab the trunk if the tree and shake it with insane brutality. 

All around them fell oranges by the bunches. 

"You're telling me you could have done that this entire time?" 

"Yeah, so?" 

"Why did you make me go up there then?" 

"I'm trying to toughen you up, you're too damn dainty." 

Isabella rolled her eyes and began to pick up the fallen citrus fruits and dump them into the barrel.

The beach of the deserted island was alive with activity.

Amber and Lily, splashed around in the rolling tide as Nathaniel and Babs picked up firewood to use for the large bonfire they were planning to build. 

Isabella laughed as she saw Nathaniel smack Babs hard in the back of the head with the wood on his shoulders as they both bent over to pick up the same piece of wood at the same time.

Babs immediately dropped his load and cried out in pain. The. He preceded to throw sand at Nathaniel as the two ran about on the beach.

Next, you had Arsham and his crew mates arguing on whether or not he could win a fight with Onyx. 

It was funny to see them switch from English to their native language based on the level of their emotions.

But the two she couldn't seem to find were her brother and the Captain. 

"Hey Farley?" 

"What Lass?" 

"Where is my brother?"