Chapter 39

Chapter 39

---------------------------------------------

Far behind La Noir, but keeping steady pace, was the ship called the Damsel.

It was a massive ship that could easily run down a small fleet of merchant ships if it saw fit.

Carved inside the prow was the picture of a beautiful mermaid who seemed to have blood gushing out of a wound in her side.

The ship was elaborate. So were those on board.

The Bloody Damsel held an assorted crew of blood thirsty gentlemen, who worked the ship like a well oiled machine.

Beside her sailed the other ships of the pirate lords, and together they formed an formidable looking fleet.

They all had one purpose.

Catch the damn woman who stole their Reaper's ship.

In the sick bay paced the Captain of the Damsel, Carnage, walked to and fro as he watched the ships doctor examine the body of the Reaper Captain.

He and Slate fished the Captain's body out of the water as soon as that awful woman's first mate threw him overboard.

They all were forced off the side and watched as the Reaper ship was taken.

That damn woman was gonna get hers one day.

The doctor shook his head for what felt like the hundredth time and threw his hands up in the air.

"I'm sorry captain. But the man's dead."

"Bullshit."

He walked over to Jonathan, the Reaper Captain, and stared at him. He sure looked like a corpse, but Carnage knew he wasn't dead.

"Sir. Maybe you should be thinking about his burial..."

"Get out..."

"What?"

"GET OUT, YOU GODDAMN, GOO FER NOTHIN, BILGE RAT!"

Carnage snarled, practically knocking the man to his knees.

"I don't want to see yer ugly face in here for a while ya got that?!"

The doctor left without further delay.

Now he was stuck trying to figure out how to wake up a dead man.

"If that leech was here, he would know what to do. Damn mutinous bug."

That's when it hit him. He ran out of the sick bay and up to the Captains quarters.

Each Pirate lord was required to carry a little black box. It was always to be locked and hidden in the Captains quarters.

It was to be used just in case one of them was either dead or close to dying.

He franticly searched for the thing amongst his many artifacts and collectibles.

When he finally found it he went back to the sick bay and blasted the lock apart with a gunshot, drawing many alarmed shouts from topside.

He opened it and was relieved that the contents were still intact.

Inside was a small elixir bottle.

The liquid inside seemed to move and slosh about of its own free will and varied its color from a rich, bright gold to a deep, dark red.

He found himself staring curiously at it before he came to his senses.

He took the bottle and held it over the Reaper's mouth.