Chapter 52

Chapter 52 

Enjoy, my darlings. Might b a bit short. I'm sorry. 

------------------------------- 

"Oh sweet Jesus! It's the Captain."

The remnants of the La Noir crew, that hadn't been caught and sent back to the Wayfarer, Were huddled in the back of a tavern praying their fun wouldn't be ended so soon.

The men grumbled at the sudden disappearance of the rowdy ladies, but were too drunk or too tired to investigate further.

Onyx entered the Tavern, that should've closed hours ago.  

A bar Wench turned a drunken stare her way as she hopped off of a sailor's lap.

"Good evenin lass. Hey fellas, get a look at this face!"

She smiled stupidly as she placed a grimy hand on Onyx's cheek.

The latter pushed her away and looked about the room.

"Have there been any ladies here?"

One man, who's name really doesn't matter, stood with a crooked grin, approaching her. 

He had to be about twice her size, but instead of muscle, the bulk of him was fat.

"Not enough if you ask me." 

This earned him roars of laughter from the rest of the idiotic bunch.

"There were some women in here before. Gone now, too bad."

Said the Wench's seat. 

The unnamed fatso, approached Onyx and she could immediately smell the chemicals that alarmed her of his intentions.

It was like a deer taking in the sent of a wolf.

"What a pretty lass. I've never seen you here before."

He placed his hand roughly on the back of her head and yanked her face forward.

"You smell like flowers...."

She placed her hand on the hilt of her blade and said through gritted teeth, 

"And you smell like shit."

Didn't take long for him to get angry. 

He raised his hand as if to strike her, but immediately cried out in pain. 

Blood sprayed onto her face and she blinked in surprise.

In the center of his outstretched palm was a hole.

All eyes looked towards the back and she could see the remaining members of her crew emerge from a room in the back. 

One held a pistol and cursed. 

"Dammit! I missed."

Onyx left the howling man and approached them. 

She didn't have to say a word. 

They hung their heads and shuffled out into the night.  

She grabbed a rag off of the counter and followed after them, wiping the blood off her face. 

******************

Praise The Lord, it was a woman.  

She was alone, for some insane reason, and stumbled about unaware of her situation.

He was suddenly behind her grabbing her around the waist as she stumbled forward.

"Oh! What is this?"