Chapter 49

Chapter 49 

---------------------- 

He awoke with a start and the gelatinous suckers jumped as well. But soon they settled and continued to suck the life from his body. 

The Former Dominion stared at the face of his son. His own blood as he chewed his younger brother out something awful. 

"What the hell were you doing?! How did you lose two people at one time?! Mother couldn't even move for Christ's sake!"

The younger brother opened his mouth to speak, but was silenced by a sharp and deafening blow to the side of his face. 

"Get out!" 

Leonardo practically snarled. The younger son glanced at his father before gloomily doing what he was told.

"I know what you are up to father, but it won't work."

Antonio chuckled. 

"It already has. As we speak my plans are unfolding perfectly."

Leonardo was so furious He didn't even notice the messenger enter the dungeon. 

"Sire?" 

"What?!" 

The weak little man, cowered under the ruthless snake and spoke in a trembling voice. 

"We have received word of your sibling's whereabouts. There's also something else..." 

He whispered in his ear and Leonardo's gaze hardened. 

"Tell me. How long will it take to gather all of my kind to the palace?" 

"All of them?" 

"Yes. No exceptions. While you are at it, gather the humans too. As many spectators as you can." 

"Well...that would take months sire." 

"You have thirty days." 

The man paled, but bowed deeply.  

"I shall inform your brother immediately." 

"Wait!" 

The human stopped and turned to face Leonardo. 

"Tell him nothing. Let the hunter's do something for once." 

With that the man left.

Leonardo turned to his father and smiled as he beheld sunken eyes and with drawing teeth.

"Tell me something father. Do you believe those myths?" 

"I do." 

"Do you believe that the eighth is real?" 

"I do." 

"Do you think him a god?" 

"There is no god but God. He is merely the glue that will stop this madness and restore this kingdom."

"That's too bad. If he was a god them maybe he would have a chance to save you."

"I do not wish to be saved. There is nothing to save me from."

He reached his hand between the bars and grasped his father by the chin and grinned.  

"You die in thirty days, father. Is there anything that you want to say to me?"

"When your time comes. It shall be me who plunges the hallowed dagger into your heart."

His father stared at him with calculating eyes. Damn this old man. Damn him straight to hell.