Chapter 64

Chapter 64

------------------------------------------------------------

Carmen's eyes snapped open and she shot straight up into a sitting position. It scared the living hell out of Mori who was dozing off beside her.

"Who are you?"

She asked her voice horse with disuse.

"Morrigan Tate."

"Where is this place?"

"The Ship La Noir."

"A ship?"

As she looked about in confusion tears suddenly began to litter her face and she wiped them off staring at their wetness in her hand.

"Why am I crying?"

**************************************************************

They would reach the continent much quicker than they had expected and they were all thankful to have made it this far without incident.

Isabella had reconciled with all those who had started avoiding her.

As she observed the goings on of the crew, she saw a familiar face pop out from the hatch.

"Mother?"

Her mom had the most disbelieving look on her face as she emerged from below.  Her mother hated ships, couldn't stand the sea, so imagine her horror as she walked over to the side and peered over the edge. There was no sea, only clouds.

"Ma che diavolo?"

To make matters worse she was surrounded by people she didn't know. What the heck was this place and why was she here?

"Mother!"

She was all but tackled and looked down to see the smiling face of her daughter.

"Figlia!"

Then her mother glanced over the whole of her and gasped.

"Why are you dressed like that? You look like a boy."

"It's a ship mother. It's hard to move around in a dress."

"So? A lady must never wear trousers."

"But mother..."

She motioned to how her mother was dressed (still in her night gown) and the poor woman looked as if she were going to faint.

"I'm ashamed."

"You're awake?"

She looked up to see her son and immediately threw her arms around his neck kissing him on both cheeks.

He barely had time to hug her back through the barrage of kisses.

"Are your brothers here too?"

"No."

"Where is your father, then?"

"Italia. Mamma ti ricordi niente?"

"I'm not sure. All I remember is going to bed and waking up here."

"You've been a sleep for a while. Come; let me take you to the Captain."

"Captain! But I'm not properly dressed."

"Don't worry, she won't mind."

"Oh alrigh--She?!"

*********************************************