Chapter 8

Late great, chapter 8. I've come this far..*sniffle* thank you for being wonderful people and deciding to read my lowly novel. I am new at this and desperately need comments on how I can improve. So far, you have been a wonderful audience, and I'm proud to say I have 8 chapters and 95 reads. This makes me proud to be an author. Now if I could just get my hands on some votes...

----------------------------------------------------------

(Onyx's P.O.V- Third person, that is.)

The captain, propped up her leather boots on the wooden table, chewing a fingernail.

Before her sat two siblings belonging to the Leech species, although they preferred to be called snake men.

Unlike, the zombies that wafted in and out of this crowded city, They were originals; part of the old clan, and damn near royalty.

She was delighted to see them.

"Well? Speak your peace."

She said smiling at the two who watched her with suspicious stares.

The girl spoke first.

"I doubt we have to say it. You probably already know why we're here."

The captain laughed, and sat up in her seat. She took her shoes of the table and leaned forward, so that the glowing red eyes were trained on the both of them.

They visibly bristled.

"I know why you are here but I'm not sure you do. In fact, we wouldn't even be having this conversation if you knew the things I know."

"Well that's a comfort."

The princess, was a very beautiful girl, but at this moment Onyx couldn't deal with her snippy attitude.

She made a note to fix this in the days to come.

"Well, your father is not here. In fact he never even entered the city."

"What?!"

The princess said, scowling.

"You heard me lass. I did not speak in riddles."

"But...how? His horse was at the gate...The guard..."

Then realization hit her, and her pretty face was bright with her epiphany.

"That fox! I knew I've never seen that guard before. Lewis, he yanked us!"

With this she turned to her brother, who sat beside her. He sat quietly in his seat, and just smiled at his sister's outburst.

Interesting.

"Good. Now that we've got that out of the way, I want to talk to the two of you , about the prophecy of the eighth."

Lewis suddenly, perked up and looked directly into the eyes of the captain.

She smiled.

"I see someone likes stories."

He shrugged.

"Fine I'll tell you."

With a slight tap of her finger, the table before them shuddered. Out of the very grains of wood that made the table top, little marianette puppets rose. They were featureless, and bland, but still stood in front of the siblings preparing for their performance as if they were alive.

Onyx, raised a painted nail, and the marianettes took their places.

"At the beginning of your people, the