Task 1

Athena was waiting in the tent, she had picked out her dragon and was already terrified for her turn. She ended up picking the most brutal and vicious one, of course.

She heard Moody whisper outside the tent, she opened the little curtain to find him and Theo. Theo ran in and hugged her, and right then Skeeter got a photo.

She had been in Athena's nerves ever since she came out with the prophet that said she rigged the cup.

Moody quickly shushed her and went right to asking Athena what her strengths are.

"I don't know, I'm wicked on a broom but Harry is already doing that," Athena was nervously pacing around as a singular thought fogged her head — two more people until she was supposed to face the most dangerous dragon in the Wizarding World.

"Athena, tell him about your powers," Theo whispered lightly, and Moody prompted Athena to explain.

"I can do spells and such with my mind, it's something I've been doing since first year. I never knew I could do it, but I am pretty good at it now," Moody agreed to her using that for the fight, and the two left with goodbyes and wishing good luck.

Before Moody left the tent, he turned to Athena, "Here is a potion. It was left in the classroom from last year's Professor. It helps with—," he lowered his voice to a whisper, "— it prevents transformations."

Athena looked at it, eyeing down Professor Lupin' as handwriting and smiling. She thanked Moody, tucking the vial into her extension charmed bag near her side of the tent. She would definitely be using that.

The canon blew and it was Athena's turn, she left the tent anxiously, not ready to showcase her powers to her school and two others.

She saw no dragon in sight, and started to creep out of the hole she entered in.

All the sudden, she was blown off her feet by a dragon tail, looking behind her she saw a huge, bright red dragon.

It breathed fire right at her as she moved quickly, getting angry with it.

One more blow to her side and Athena was raging, her eyes glowing red.

The dragon took notice and almost hesitated before Athena started to feel her powers surge through her fingertips.

Within seconds she was in the air, glowing electro lights flashing at her finger tips and through her eyes.

The dragon flew up to her level and they started to circle each other, and it breathed a giant breath of fire straight at Athena.

She blocked it effortlessly and stared to move towards the creature. Sending spells left and right she got the dragon on its back, across the way from the egg.

She dove to the egg and grabbed it, landing safely with it.

The crowd roared with cheers, chanting her name as she flew higher. The dragon snarled, and all at once, broke loose of the chain, flying straight for Athena. She took off fast, flying away from the stadium as a new sense of magic poured through her veins.

The dragon chased her all the way to the castle, where she had no choice but to continue to run, and she soon found herself flying straight back to the stadium with a broom she accio'd.

After landing safely and loosing the dragon, she was brought out of the arena and was brought to the tent.

•••

That night she was celebrated in the commons of the Slytherin dungeons, and everyone congratulated her.

Everyone was laughing and drinking, all getting along and having the time of their lives.