Memories

"You wanted to see me, Head Master?" Athena announced as the door magically opened for her, her slightly heeled mary janes clicking on the floor as she strode in.

"Ahh yes, come here. We have to wait for Potter." The Headmaster said airily.

Minutes went by and Harry finally entered the room, freezing when he saw Athena.

She merely nodded at him, to show some respect, even if she was pissed off at him for not trusting her.

Draco and her were halfway done with the cabinet. It was good progress, considering they were almost done with October and Christmas break didn't seem so far away anymore.

Harry sat in the other seat next to Athena, and Dumbledore finally spoke.

"Now that you are both here, follow me." Dumbledore stated, walking towards a cabinet with potions in a castle like build.

"What is this, Headmaster?" Athena asked while staring at the clear potions.

"What you are looking at are memories relating to a certain individual — Voldemort. Or as he was known then, Tom Riddle," Dumbledore said as the bottom layer of the liquids turned until one particular one stood before the headmaster's raises hand.

"This one is the most particular memory, of when I first met him," The potion was held in front of both Harry and Athena's faces, who were both staring at it in confusion.

"But why-," Harry started, but Dumbledore raised his hand — silencing him.

"I'd like you both to see it. If you would," He stated firmly.

Athena grabbed the vial held in front of her, and dumped it into the Pensive. 

When both Harry and her heads dunked into the bucket-like object, they were dropped down watching younger Dumbledore in an orphanage.

"I was quite confused when I received your letter Mr. Dumbledore, in all of his years not one person as visited Tom." The lady next to Dumbledore announced while walking down a hallway.

"There have been incidents with the other children, not good things," she said as she knocked on a room's door.

"Tom, you have a visitor!" And with that, the lady exited the room and allowed Dumbledore to walk in.

After seconds of silence, young Tom finally spoke up, "You're the doctor, aren't you?"

"No, I am a Professor," Dumbledore replied.

"I don't believe you, The lady of the orphanage wants me to be looked at, they all think I am... different," Tom said with a nasty glare.

He was sitting in a clean and organized desk.

"Well, perhaps they are right," The headmaster replied.

"I am not mad!" Young Tom exclaimed suddenly, making the books on his desk rattle.

Dumbledore raised an eyebrow, "Hogwarts is not a place for mad people, it's a school — a school of magic."

"You can do things, can't you Tom?" Dumbledore continued, "Things other children cannot."

Tom started, "I can make things move without touching them. I can make animals do things without training them. I can make bad things happen to people who are mean to me — make them hurt, if I want," Tom paused, "Who are you?"

"Well I am like you, Tom. I'm.. different."

"Prove it!" Tom said, and with that, the armoire fell into flames.